1. This forum is in read-only mode.

No ios file

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DevinSuperFan, Jan 26, 2016.

1. DevinSuperFan

DevinSuperFan New Member

I downloaded Sonic Unleashed on my computer, and it was categorized as a iso file. It took all day to download and I hope it was done ok. But when I uncompressed it I found a disk-image-file and a System Information file, but I couldn't find any iso file. Am I just unsure how it all works, or did I get a problem? I need the iso file so I can convert it for other things. Thank you for any help!!!

2. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

The disk image file may be the iso file.check if the disk image file has the extention(ends with ).iso , if it ends with .iso then it is the iso file.

If you need to burn the iso then you have to have software like daemon tools,magic iso or any other image burners.

Also the system information file is the .nfo file in which the rom release group has given details about that particular rom.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

.ISO/.BIN are disk image extensions. If your computer doesn't recognize any of it, that's probably because you haven't associate that file with compatible program. Go to your extraction program i.e. WinRAR or 7Z, go to options/settings, and tick the extensions to associate with the program.

Furthermore, the PS2 version of this game was packed in .7z format, the Wii version was in .rar, both when extracted should either result to .iso or .bin along with other files e.g. .sys or .nfo. You couldn't have gotten .iso upon downloading it. You don't need to further extract the .iso or .bin file, as that is the file containing the game to run on your PS2 or Wii emulator, or write to your CD-R if you have a modified console.

By the way, it's iso, not ios. You weren't asking about Apple product's operating system.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  4. DevinSuperFan

DevinSuperFan New Member

How do you personally open the rar file? The file might be to big for my extractor and becomes corrupted when I try to extract it.

5. Prectorian

Use latest WinRAR. Make sure the downloaded file size matches that as informed on the web page.

6. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

RAR Files become corrupted when it hasnt been completely downloaded or qhen you are using an older version of winrar. There is no thing such as too big to extract.

So check if you have completely downloded the file and the download the latest version of winrar from here http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Then try extracting .

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

This isn't the case. If you're extracting a large file onto a FAT/FAT16/FAT32 volume it can be too big to extract, or if the extraction needs more RAM than your computer can make available, or more disk space than your computer has available.

8. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

doesn't FAT32 support files upto 4gb ,i saw that sonic unleashed for Wii was under 4gb so im sure this isnt maxing out the fat32 .
    But you may be right about the ram availability.

Anyways lets wait for the OP's response.

9. Prectorian

You'd need at least twice the file size to extract successfully (half for the compressed file - half for the extracted file), that is if I'm not mistaken. You know somehow from reading his 2nd post earlier today, I can't help but wonder if he was using a mobile device to download and extract?!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  10. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

its pretty clear that he is on windows pc as he is able to see the downloaded iso file as disk image file and nfo file as system information file.these infos are not usually shown in android smartphones.

Lets ask the OP about the file he downloaded

@DevinSuperFan
    Which file did you download the Wii/PS2 version ?
    You are on windows pc right ?
    Did you try extracting with the latest version of WinRAR ?