1. This forum is in read-only mode.

no$GBA sound issue and general no$GBA and NO$zoomer questions

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rwn, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwn

rwn Active Member

not sure if this is just me or everyone but the sound no matter the game or the setting that i have tried so far has resulted in very staticy music when ever it's anything besides BGM. is there a fix for this anywhere?

and it's not the computer/ speakers my other games(not roms or emulators) and music work wonders.

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Re: no$GBA sound issue

Which version are you using?

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

In Other (H) in

No$zommer

use

Noise suppression

This will reduce sound crackle with certin games

4. rwn

rwn Active Member

2.6A and i've tried the noise suppression still crackles a-lot gotten to the point where i almost play without sound and just play my music in the background

and i'm pretty sure it's not my speakers http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/250&cl=au,en and they work wonders with everything else

5. meganova

What game are you trying to play?

Have you use it with no$zoomer?

6. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

You may need to use the noise surpression more than one time.
    I do that and eventually the crackles will gone.

7. rwn

rwn Active Member

been trying it with final fantasy crystal chronicles, the zelda train one, kingdom hearts 368-2, professor layton and the diabolical box and those are the only ones i've really tried it with.

and after hitting noise suppression a couple of times it seems to be doing alot better. didn't realize it would work more than once. lol had to use it so many times i was afraid i'd end up with no audio at all XD

8. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Nah, it does take a few times, but once it's better don't use it again.
    The crackle will be back.

9. Jhon 591

I think they are certin points in the games where you also need to use it!

10. rwn

rwn Active Member

yes, i've noticed it works wonders with voice overs. but i will have to change it during a cut scene to be able to understand what's going on and change it again when it's just bgm. but now that i know what to do it makes the games... well enjoyable makes it easier to actually sink into the game

11. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Just use it again when the crackle return and there will be no problem about it :)

12. rwn

rwn Active Member

not on topic, but i finally figured out what was screwing with the chat boxes in the games... that stupid extra 0 option in no$zoomer... what ever that thing does what exactly do those do. and what else should i be aware of... the little things that can make the games run a little better

13. meganova

Only use EXTRA option when you encountered any graphic problem.

14. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

It gives fix to games, such as TWEWY.
    I'm activating Ex 0 most of the times, nothing's wrong with it.

15. Jhon 591

This no$gba 2.6a emulator was grate for the older games, But now the newer are geting harder to fix, sound , graphics est

It's bean about 2 years sinse martin the maker, has released any new version... I wonder if he will make anuther version some day hope-fully.

16. rwn

rwn Active Member

awh well it was automatically activated and was causing some weird problems with professor layton and the diabolical box

it would be great if he did make another version. or if someone could add on to his if he would release the source for it. which i doubt would happen

17. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Change the renderer to OpenGl for that game. ;)

18. rwn

rwn Active Member

well hmm i'm going to have to try it off with a few of the other games i've been playing because most have had pretty random glitches. time to play with those extras

19. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

No, some games like Profesor Layton Series need to use the OpenGl renderer to fix that graphic problem.
    The first Bleach DS can use it too to fix some graphic glitches, but it cause slowdowns.

20. rwn

rwn Active Member

well i tried switching over to opengl. was the first thing i tried but it took that in conjunction with turning off extra 0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.