1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NO$GBA slow

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bobobob1, Apr 28, 2010.

1. bobobob1

bobobob1 Well-Known Member

Hi, I notice that after playing SoulSilver on NO$GBA for a while, it starts to “drag” and become slow. This was when I entered Violet City at night, with all the flashing lights. Is my computer simply not powerful enough? I did notice that while most of my DS roms are about 64 MB, Pokemon Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver are about 131 MB. Why is this? Is this the reason that it becomes slow?

Here are my computer specs:
    3.00 GHz processor
    1.00 GB RAM
    32-bit operating system

Another question I have is, the faster and more powerful a computer is, will it run NO$GBA faster and more easily?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What graphics card do you have, and what renderer are you using (OpenGL or NoCash).

DS Roms vary in size, by powers of two, between 8MB and 512MB. This is because some games contain more data. A lot of games are 64 and 128MB, some are 32, 16, 8, etc. At least one is 512MB. It's not the reason, directly, that your computer runs them slowly.

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Did your computer has graphic card installed?
    and did you play it using the No$zoomer?

4. bobobob1

How can I find out what graphics card I have?

I didn't play it with Zoomer, should I?

And finally, does it matter which renderer I use?

5. TirithRR

Which renderer you use makes a difference depending on your computer. Your graphics card may not support OpenGL properly, etc.
    Assuming you are using Windows, go to the Start menu and choose "Run..." and type in "dxdiag" (without the quotes).

A box will pop up with info on your PC, click on the Display tab and it will show your graphics card info.

6. bobobob1

I don't have the run function on Vista. But will NO$GBA run faster with a more powerful computer?

7. TirithRR

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/vista/vista_run_command.htm

Of course.

8. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try boosting the game speeds a bit,
    Emulation Setup -> Emulation Speed -> Realtime*2, Auto.

Change the 3D Renderer to 'nocash' if it was set to 'OpenGL'.

Some game may runs slower on certain parts of the game.

9. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

change the update frame rate, openGL.No$GBA, video quelity, audio quality. My PC:

256MB of RAM
    AMD Athlon 1800+ @ 1.53GHZ
    NVIDIA GeForce 4 440MX

it can play GTA:CW (128MB) without lagging, video slow downs. Aparently, No$GBA loads the NDS game file into the RAM, so my PC will slow down when it loads. LOL, it takes 6 minutes for Kindgon Hearts (256MB) to load in and 16 minutes to load that 512MB game file. I can play CS on it but it crashes for soome reaSon...