1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[No$Gba] Shin Megami Tensei : Strange Journey (U) Fix ::.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by meganova, Mar 24, 2010.

1. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I guess I better share this..

*ahem*

This fix is only for No$gba users,
    (I'm not sure if it is working on Flashcart though, if you want to try it, be my quest :p)
    Where some people has reported they have a problem while saving(save failed)/loading(save corrupted) the game.
    I 'accidentally' fix it when I tried the same method to fix the Pokemon SS/HG.

Here's the A-Z solution.

Another solution is..

and yet another solution...

Graphic Issue

This maybe a temporary solution though, since the game may freeze/crash/etc at some point.
    If those problem does happen, just wait for a patch then, and if you managed to finished the game without any problem
    by using an emulator, let us know.

Enjoy.

2. friarmole

friarmole New Member

>< .... alright, so..... can anyone tell me how to make this work on an r4 1.18 ?????

been waiting for this game since last summer...

Woops LOL wrong forum my bad

3. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Everything goes fine, but when I put the Reset/Startup Entrypoint to GBA BIOS and then Reset, I get:
    I runned No$Gba, without No$Zoomer.

EDIT: I get this screen when running on both GBA and Zoomer:
    [​IMG]

4. meganova

Delete your No$gba.ini file in your no$gba folder.
    and,
    Make sure you press Reset(*) just after you changed it to GBA BIOS and press the 'Ok' button.(while the screen is still white).

5. solo-puppy

solo-puppy Member

does this "patch" also work for: Super DS One? i tried the game but the save and load date were corrupted :'(.

6. horisbeccham

horisbeccham New Member

I don't understand this at all. I'm fine at about 5+ hours of playing (and saving/loading) on no$gba, no fixes, no AS codes, nothing.

7. NeoHack

NeoHack Well-Known Member

does this works for R4 maybe

8. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

I can't press (*), I'm using a Laptop.

9. meganova

I'm pretty sure you can switch on the numpad mode on your laptop.
    Or assign the reset button to another button by using the 'Key Assignment' setting on no$zoomer.

You only need to go through this fix if you have problem during saving/loading.

10. horisbeccham

horisbeccham New Member

What I don't understand is why some people are having problems with no$gba and some people not. If my save can corrupt later after hours of playing, I would be pissed.

11. meganova

You can save the game, and will get the 'Save Failed' message, but when you try to load it,
    The game will delete it because it was corrupted.

12. horisbeccham

horisbeccham New Member

hm. but that's not happening to me at all. My copy of the game saves/loads fine. and I am using no$gba 2.6a, same as all you guys. :p
    I guess I'm gonna back up my .sav from now on though, just to be on the safe side.

13. Reme

Reme Well-Known Member

um for me with no$zoomer it worked immediately without the use of your method the only things wrong with it was that the answers to some of the questions werent highlighted and some of the words were darkened but u can fix both of those easily.

Questions - whenever a question pops up that u need to answer simply go to options and select Render: nocash and change to opengl. after u finish the question(s) change it back

Darkened text - cant fix on no$gba alone but on No$zoomer u can fix by toggling between Extra option 4. i say toggle between because the missionlog will be dark when its on and the move choices (while on the ship) will be dark when its off dont worry tho u dont have to toggle often

14. soulvoid1

soulvoid1 Member

Ok i tried to do the patch but i couldnt get it to work without crashing but, i d/l the no$gba 2.6a and the nonpatched game is working fine. Everything is set to the defult settings. No freezes and it saves just fine. So i suggest that u get the newest no$gba and use myzoom v1.8.36. I'm play it right now the only glitch is that the highlights on the choises are missing but i can deal with that.

15. meganova

Some people have problem with it, while some aren't.

16. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Does this happens often ?
    My first save and load seems fine, then again..... it's the first.

17. meganova

Not sure, I can save it(save failed), but it will be deleted because it was corrupted.

Some people got the same problem as well, not sure what the causes is.

18. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Maybe I should try saving for more than once and see if it shows up.

19. whitesnow

whitesnow Active Member

Sorry I tried your steps but it doesn't work at all.

20. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I'm already traveling the first dungeon and haven't encounter the Save problem.
    I don't even use the fix posted, but I'll go further to make sure.