1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NO$GBA ROM image crash

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kitty Paine, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Kitty Paine

Kitty Paine Member

I was playing FE: Shadow Dragon and DQ IX. And both ROM images crashed when using 2.6a and DQ showed some minor graphical issues with character models.
    FE crashed when I tried to start Chapter 1 and DQ crashed after I won the very first fight. Also even though I saved in between chapters it wouldn't make a .sav file for FE in the battery folder. I got it from emulator-zone, and it crashed, thinking it was corrupt I downloaded it from the NO$GBA's website but it also crashed.
    I'm playing DQ right now on DeSmu 0.9.5 and I haven't had any problems so far, even the graphical issue with the models is gone. Its just slower and more laggy.
    For your anti-piracy policy on NDS. I'm only using an emu because I'm not sure if I actually want these games or not. No sense in wasting money on a game I don't like or don't really want.

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Graphic issues on FE:SD can be fixed by using the No$zoomer, with EX0 enabled on EXTRA settings, as for DQIX, it can only be fixed by changing the 3d Renderer to OpenGl on no$gba emulation settings at the expense of game speeds.

'Rom-Image Crash' issue only happen on no$gba 2.6a if the emulator missing required files, like firmware.bin or the games aren't compatible with the emulator. Try using the full package.

You can increase the game speeds on DeSmuMe a bit by changing the value of Frame Skip from 1-3, and set the 3D Settings to 'SoftRasterizer'.
    If the game still lagging, try using the nosse version.