1. This forum is in read-only mode.

No$GBA mini freezing problem?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by eildus, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eildus

eildus Active Member

I don't know why or eve how this is possible, but No$GBA just seems to FREEZE every 2 seconds, making games unplayable.

I thought my copy was damaged, but I got a new copy of the program and the same results.

I thought it was the ROM image at first, but I've already tried several different images and the results are the absolute same every time.

Thus, I haven't a clue what to do. Except, do a system restore and see what happens there, but otherwise, I don't have a clue.

2. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Maybe you have a lot of those "background" programs?

Are you using no$zoomer with it? What game? System Specs?

3. eildus

eildus Active Member

Processor/RAM: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor 3200+, 2.19 GHZ. 1 GB of RAM.

Video Card: 128 MB, Nvidia GeForce FX5200

As said though, the emulator does the same thing with every game.

No$zoomer doesn't do it as much but it makes action games and platformers rather irritating.

As for Background programs, no. I've disabled about everything that needs to be disabled. I thought it might have been my torrents causing the problem, but once again, no.

The only thing I can think of is that there is some sort of program in processes that is infecting or disturbing No$GBA and No$Zoom.

The mini freezing can be reduced by running the program in 256 colors, but there are still issues with that regardless.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Have you lowered your emulation speed in the Emulation Setup? It defaults to Realtime, Auto which requires more power. Try changing it to some of the lower settings. Also lower/disable sound and change the 3D renderer between OpenGL and no$cash.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What version is this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.