1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NO$GBA 2.6a and NO$ZOOMER help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bobobob1, Nov 25, 2010.

1. bobobob1

bobobob1 Well-Known Member

My first problem is with using the GBA BIOS (Nintendo logo) function in the settings. I have the BIOSNDS7.ROM, BIOSNDS9.ROM, and firmware.bin files. I start the game, Pokemon Platinum in this instance, with the GBA BIOS enabled instead of “Start Cartridge Directly”. So, it takes me to the normal Nintendo DS menu screen. I click on the game’s name in the touchscreen, and it acts as if it begins to play the game, and then I get an error message from NO$GBA… “The rom image has crashed”. I have tried this on NO$ZOOMER and NO$GBA both, and both gave me the same message. Help please!

My second problem is minor with NO$ZOOMER. Has anyone else who uses zoomer notice that the screen graphics seem slightly fuzzier than NO$GBA itself? It seems to me like the graphics aren’t as clearly defined with zoomer.

2. Ratchet2325

Ratchet2325 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the startup problem as i have never used the function before, nor do i see why its needed.
    the graphics however you can change.Under options is an option labeled Filter. just change that to your liking.

3. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

Don't use the GBA Bios function. A lot of games crash if you use that. Just start the games directly.

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I actually have few issues with the BIOS, and I've actually had none since the first time I used the function. Plus, it's the only way that many games can run on the emulator.

5. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Most games, especially the newer one, need to be run through BIOS.
    Just make sure to encrypt it though, and configure it correctly.

Running through the BIOS on No$gba required 3 files, which are BIOSNDS7.ROM, BIOSNDS9.ROM, and GBA.ROM,
    and the rom need to be encypted before you load it. Missing either of these files are likely to cause "The rom image has crashed” when playing the game.
    Firmware.bin is optional, but is needed if you want to switch to English when playing Europe, or multi languages games.

I'm not sure why, but Pokemon Platinum can be run directly on No$gba without the BIOS method though.

As for the graphic issue, under the Filter menu, change it to 'Bilinear', if it still not working, delete the No$zoomer.ini file.

6. bobobob1

The graphics aren't too bad at all, just slightly fuzzier, it seems. So I need to encrypt the ROM file? How do I do that?

7. meganova

Try changing to the emulator Filter to 'Bilinear', it should fix makes the graphics looks normal, less fuzzier
    As for the encrypting, follow the instructions from here.

8. bobobob1

Where can I get GBA.ROM?

9. meganova

Google for it.

10. bobobob1

Ok, so I tried to encrypt the rom like you said. The program creates some more files like PatchEngine.da1 . I get a pop-up window saying that Windows does not recognize that type of file, giving me the option to search the Web, find a program, etc. At the same time this happens, the program does not encrypt the rom that I dragged into the folder. Help!

11. meganova

Since you're running on Vista/7, run eA through Administration rights(Right Click - Run as Administrator),
    and it should let the file to be written without asking for permission anymore.

The rom file which in the same folder with eA will be overwritten automatically during the process, without making another copies.