1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nitrografx Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by malachite125, Oct 25, 2010.

1. malachite125

malachite125 Active Member

I really want to play Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood), the PCEngine version on my DS, but I have no idea what I'm doing Dx
    I downloaded Nitrografx V0.5, which I believe is the newest version. Now, when I got Dracula X, the download contained a bunch of mp3s and such, in addition to two .bin files. Do I need these? As far as I was aware, I needed only a .bin and a .cue file, the latter of which the download didn't contain.

I read the included readme for Nitrografx, and it said to select the BIOS or something in one of the menus. I followed the instructions, but I couldn't find any BIOSes. Am I doing something wrong?

Help would be appreciated!

2. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

you need to Download the Bios.

Can't find one ATM but look for turbogafx cd bios and you're sure to find one.

You don't NEED the MP3s, but if you don't keep em you'll have no music (put em in the same directory as the .bins)

As for the .bin, .cue, this is if the rip put the MP3s IN the .bin, which is what I have, either works.

give that a go.

3. malachite125

Ok, I got the BIOS, now I just unzip the .bins and mp3s into the root of my SD card?

4. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

You can put them anywhere, actually, but I suggest putting them in the nitrografx folder somewhere (if you haven't made a nitrografx folder yet you should; put all your PCE roms there too), as that's where it looks for ROMs first. You can also make a folder within the nitrografx folder for it and it'll show up before pce roms. Just make sure all of the game files are in the same directory. The bios can be anywhere, just find it on your card when it asks you to. Again, I suggest somewhere in the nitrografx folder.

5. malachite125

Well, I got the game working, but there's no music, just sound effects... bad dump, perhaps?
    Either way, thanks for the help!