1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo’s DSi XL mean better graphics, games?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by garychencool, Mar 24, 2010.

1. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

As you Nintendo DS users know by now, Nintendo will release a new system into the DS family in March 28. The DSi XL; based on the name, you will know right away that it’s the extra large of the DSi. But how big is it? Based on looking at the Nintendo’s site, it will deliver 93% more screen so you don’t have to stick your face on your DS.
    [​IMG]
    But will up scaling the screen make the pixels in a game bigger? Probably but newer games from Third-party publishers will make DS games better. The larger screens are partially used for more conductive to stuff such as Nintendo’s upcoming 100 Classic Books (June 14) which means that your DSi XL is also an eBook Reader! So if your thinking of buying an eBook reader from SONY or Kindle/Amazon, the DSi Xl is an alterative. Plus, you can play games! The colours are burgundy and bronze but later on, they will have more colours. As you also see in the picture above is that there is a nice, big stylus. It looks like a pen to me. Everything in the original DSi is I the DSi XL. You still have your DSi Shop, web browser and preloaded games. Wanna make a DS game but you don’t want to learn the DS programming codes? One of the coolest offerings was Nintendo’s Photo Dojo available for download on the DSi and XL. You use the DSi’s camera to take pictures and you can make a fin and finny fighting game! Finally, you can homebrew games easily using your own DSi! That is something that probably everybody is going to try out! Bigger screen=better graphics? Probably! Ubisofts: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (May 18) and Majesco’s Ghostwire: link to the Paranormal for the DSi (October) are one of the anticipated games for the DSi. Some people got some hands-on experience and they say that it has better graphics and such. The consumers are the judges for the DSi XL. Who knows? Will it have a better processor, more RAM (the DS has only 4MB of RAM!), more internal storage memory, better camera (but who really uses it? Except for DSi-using games)? The DSi XL will release almost a year after the DSi release in summer of 2009. It is $199.95, the exact same price as the DSi in summer. The current price (on average) for the DSi is around $160-$180.

Go to their website for more information about the DSi XL!
    http://www.nintendodsi.com/meet-dsi-xl.jsp

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The DSi XL's screens will have blurry pixels on some older games, but the newer games will look the same as on a DSi/DSL/DS.

And 100 Classic Book collection has been out in Europe for a while now. :p

3. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

I have the XL, and so far all the games I've played are in good quality.

4. Valkerion

Valkerion Well-Known Member

The quality of the games graphics dint go up just the size of the screen. The big thing is how well do the games scale. Like the other guy said, newer games wont have a problem on it, the older ones of course will have the deminished look to them.

5. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

i think the games will just be stretched, and like ace said, it will have some recognizable pixels on old games.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Or an option to display in regular scale.

7. Abbafan1972

Abbafan1972 Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed any of the games looking stretched out of the ones I've played so far.

Mario Kart looks great on the bigger screen.

I have got used to the bigger screen now and the DS Lite looks really tiny in comparison.

8. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

I'll say you save your cash for the 3DS.

9. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

wouldn't it be released like next year?

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'd rather want the cables they used in some of the nintendo sanctioned tourneyments that they used on competing ds models.

2 wide screen tv's outputting mario kart=F***ING WIN!

...too bad only intelligent systems makes those...can't buy them commercially because it defeats the purpose of a portable system.

11. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

It is better than wasting your cash on some console that's gonna be out of date in a year. Nintendo makes new handheld consoles too fast. This is becoming a bit of a problem.
    Game Boy series:
    Game Boy-1989
    Game Boy Pocket- 1996
    Game Boy Color- 1998
    Game Boy Advance- 2001
    Game Boy SP-2003
    DS series:
    DS-2004
    DS lite- 2006
    DSi-2009

12. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

Meh, samw with the PSP & it didn't really change that much, the 1000 came out September 1, 2005 , the 2000 in 09/10/2007, the 3000 in 10/14/2008 and the PSP Go in October 1, 2009.