1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo WII

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by alex.sievewright1, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex.sievewright1

alex.sievewright1 New Member

Do you need to chip your WII to make it play downloaded games
    I downloaded a game burnt it to disk but it wont play

2. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

there are two possibilitys:
    1. you buy a modchip
    2. you softmod your Wii (softmod = software sided hacked, no need for spend money or open up the Wii)

If you chose the second thing you can pm me for help.

3. jmromulation

jmromulation New Member

I just did a softmod on my Wii, and it wasn't too hard. I recommend taking the extra time to learn a little bit about the process before jumping in. I screwed up a couple times, but when I finally did some reading about it, I understood it better and got it right.

4. EmmaGebz

EmmaGebz Well-Known Member

Also, you may need to burn it on to the disk at a slower rate than what you normally would

5. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

absolute nonsense, the write-speed doesnt effect the read-speed and If he burn other discs at the speed without issues he can do the same with Wii-isos too.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You forgot to say "it just ensures minimal wastage of disc".

It's like what the guy who modded my ps2 said-keep it at 4X to reduce strain on the laser...

But 1X is the best anyway :)

7. rell

rell Well-Known Member

thats absoulutly right.

8. Matssaa

Matssaa Member

I have chip my wii , works fine ;)

9. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

I have a question regarding both methods,as Ive bought one and paid for an extra 2 years warranty,so come Xmas day,itll have 34 months warranty.

1.Im presuming warranty labels have to be tampered with in order to hard mod a Wii.A definite warranty void yes/no

2.In the soft mod,what happens if a problem occurs and say it wont start up.How do you remove all the mods youve done.Or does all traces disappear if you format the memory card,thus allowing a warranty claim yes/no

3.Should I be checking now which type/firmware version the Wii has.

10. Drignor

Drignor Member

There are actually tools out there for softmodders to return there machine to an "out of the box" state, for example if you need to send it in for repairs or anything. There's a couple of awesome sites I go to that have extensive tutorials on all aspects of softmodding. If you want me to set you up, PM me and let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.