1. This forum is in read-only mode.

nintendo wii

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robbo919, Nov 1, 2008.

1. robbo919

robbo919 New Member

hi is it possable to get free games for the wii like what you get for the ds with the r4 card

2. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

Yes it is possible, you can download the isos of the wii games, burn them on discs and can play them on your wii. But you need a modchip to do this. Another possibility is, that you can can download games for the virtuel console and install them over the twilight princess hack! I tested the second one without a modchip and it works! now I have many channels on my wii!

3. ImDaMage

ImDaMage Member

There is actually a wii iso loader in progress, if you're desperate to play them now you can just buy a modchip but i am just going to wait for the loader.

You need the homebrew channel (or some sort of homebrew loader installed for this, wiibrew.org)

4. robbo919

robbo919 New Member

hi with out sounding dumb what is a mod chip and virtual console I'm clued up on my r4ds card but i,ve just bought a wii console for christmass and i,m clueless about it
    regards robbo

5. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

the virtual console is a service from nintendo! It means that you can download retro-games in the shopping channel and with the twilight hack you can install games from the sd-slot without buying and download them.

A modchip is a little chip but you need to open your wii and welding it in and after that you can play burned games and homebrew! Hope i can help you.

6. Wolfdemonpaw

Wolfdemonpaw Well-Known Member

i got a bit of a stupid queston but... where can i get this twilight hack & wii games ?... just so i can try them out before i deside to buy them or now :S

7. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

Use google to find the twilight hack and PM me, if you want a link for wii-isos, and use Torrents for virtual console games.
    By the way, the backup launcher channel 0.3 is out since a while and you can play 95% of the games now without a modchip.
    An always updated list with working and non-working games is here: http://maschell.de/mediawiki-1.6.10/index.php/Main_Page
    On this page there is a tutorial too, how to install the backup launcher.

At a GM: Is it a problem to post the direct link for the isos in this forum?

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if they do not host anything that we host then it is OK.

9. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

Thats cool!

The links: http://wii-reloaded.ath.cx/ And if you cant find a rom on this site (i think they have all, but im not sure) go to www.wiisos.com

10. Wolfdemonpaw

Wolfdemonpaw Well-Known Member

ty for the info

11. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

thanks for the info guys, i can tell my friend about this