1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo Wii U

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by athemoe, Jun 7, 2011.

?

Wi you buy it?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ps vita please!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Disscusion thread about the new console from Nintendo

2. shinra358

shinra358 Guest

Pros: Graphics look pretty tight

If you have no tv or something happens to it, you still can play it on it's new controller

You can draw things on tekken characters for more customization xD

More hardcore games

Still can use old controllers/motes

Hi-def

Could easily make 3d games with the cam on the controller

Backwards compatibility for wii

Cons: Street fighter sure is gonna be hard to play xD. Controller is pretty big.

If the ps3 controller already costs a fortune, as well as the wii mote.......I'd imagine the new controller is
    gonna cost at least 60 to 100+ dollars @_@. Good luck having friends over with that! You probably will not want
    your friend to touch it xD

'Wii U' - has got to be the dumbest name I ever heard lol. Im still laughing at the name :p

Unsure if Gamecube games are backwards compatible

Many ceiling fans and windows will meet their end xD

I can't believe that Udraw for wii actually foreshadowed what the wii 2, I mean wii U (lol) was gonna be. Nice one nintendo, nice one. Who woulda thunkit :)

3. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

I'm still unsure.
    IT HAS SMASH BROS
    I wanna see the graphics and specs.
    IT HAS SMASH BROS
    Some okay 3rd party support so far. It's already a step up from the Wii.
    IT HAS SMASH BROS I'M SOLD

4. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

SMASH BROS

Also

iPAD CONTROLLERS!!!!

Just THINK of the many things you can do with the controllers!

5. viccie211

viccie211 Well-Known Member

It looks like the controller won't play as comfortable as the Wiimote+Nunchuk imo.

6. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

The Wiimote isn't comfortable, you're just used to it.

The Name is stupid as hell

The controller is big

The Controller is probably expensive.

No need for a stupid Camera in the controller

Assassins Creed hell yeah!

smash bros hell yeah!

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I like it.

8. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Looks good, been nintendo though I doubt its gonna be high spec.

9. Admiral_Lindsay

Admiral_Lindsay Well-Known Member

I don't know how I'm gonna hold that controller.
    My hands are so small ;-;

10. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Is it me or they just named the console from the sound of a siren?

Not buying this. The controller....looks too costly, looks ridiculous and uncomfortable. I feel like I'm gonna buy another handheld if I'm going to buy an extra controller.

11. viccie211

viccie211 Well-Known Member

@sylar1000, I found the wiimote and nuncuck combi comfortable the fisrt time i touched them.

@shinra358, Brawl is fully playable with th wii mote and nunchuk, you just need to get hang of the controls if you are used to the gcn controller

12. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Wii U... seriously? Pee U? Pee on U? Nintendo Pee on U LOL XD

hahahaha they said motion controller is going to revolutionize the industry and yet they go back to old school d-pad.

anyway joke aside, the new console look really good... i wish they some up with a better name.... you know a name that we can take seriously....

this time i might going to buy it IF they release a pokemon game on it.

13. Shuga

Shuga Well-Known Member

Cant say much about the console, games are at early development as reggie said at the e3 conference, so i cant say much about the wii u, what we saw are just demos at early stage also its to early to say anything about this... early early early, at least i know that the graphics are better than the ps3 and xbox 360, the ibm multicore processor its from 2008-2009, and the one on ps3 and xbox is from 2006

14. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

15. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I will buy it eventually... I am a big nintendo fan, so even if I don't like it overall, it's nice to have a complete collection

16. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

PIKMIN 3
    PIKMIN 3
    PIKMIN 3
    PIKMIN 3
    SMASH BROS
    PIKMIN 3
    PIKMIN 3

Did I mention that Smash Bros is coming?

17. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

I don't have any of the current next gen consoles so this is a definite get for me. It's like a console version of the ds. I'm exited for this!

18. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Will get when games are actually shown on the machine. GOOD GAMES.

19. xicyacex

xicyacex Well-Known Member

An oversized DS?
    Thanks but I'll stick with the 3DS.

20. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I think Nintendo has forgotten something important. The controller should be developed in such a way that you forget it's there. Minimize movements required to maximize immersion into the game. Removing the line between you and the system. The Wii-mote was a step in the wrong way to try and reach that goal. Now, adding a screen to the controller will be even further away from the ultimate goal of a good controller. Either you will hold it up so you can glance at the TV Screen and the Controller Screen at the same time, or you will be forced to glance downwards to view the screen, and removing your fingers from the buttons to touch the touchscreen (I'm sure I can safely assume there is a touch screen on this).

All in all, another gimmick controller from Nintendo. Leaving it prone to shovelware games clogging the system. Pushing away good developers or forcing them to add said gimmicks to their WiiU releases. Just like with my preference on the DS, good games shouldn't focus on the Touch screen. Having the option to use it is ok, but forcing you to use it is a mistake.