1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo Wii..It's already wi-fi built in?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by houstontx224, Jan 28, 2011.

1. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to know if the Wii has wi-fi already built in? Also, are the demos free to download? Been so busy enjoying the games I haven't made time to try some of the demos. Thanks in advance.

HoustonTX224

2. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

They used to have wiiware demos but I believe they cut that service off.

But they have DS demos. Which is kind of nice. It has built in wifi.

3. houstontx224

Thanks LaughingStock..much appreciated.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It has built in Wifi, yes. That's why it's so easy to hack if you have Wifi. You just need the Homebrew Channel and Pimp My Wii. :D

I think they instituted demos again, but don't quote me on that one.

5. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Interesting.

I got an email from Nintendo on 12/8/2010 about wiiware demos.
    I probably just googled the wrong info.

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/VkCcYg0rpK5CQEw3oQZZRAcWfVentWoP

6. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

There are two kinds of demos on the Wii. First are the Nintendo DS demos that you download for free to your DS from the free to download Nintendo Channel. Unfortunately, these demos are deleted from your DS once you turn it off. There also aren't a lot of updates, so if you play all the DS demos in a day you may have to wait up to a month before there's a new demo to play.

The second are the free to download Wiiware demos on the Wii Shop Channel. These demos are in their own separate "Demos" category and are switched out every once in a while.

Laughingstock, you were right about Nintendo cutting off the demos, but they came back after a while.

7. houstontx224

I'm ready to start checking out some demos. Great thing is I just picked up (downloaded) Dark Void Zero from Amazon. Pretty good deal for the $4.95..:) In the words of the great Ice Cube " Damn, it's feels good to be a GAMER." (Well maybe not exactly those words...lol)

HoustonTX224