1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo Items in Phantasy Star 0 (US)?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by LinkMasterJ, Nov 16, 2009.

1. LinkMasterJ

LinkMasterJ Active Member

I mean the Green Pipe, Samus' Arm Cannon, the Hylian Shield, and whatnot... is it available in the game? Someone told me they aren't, but in the Japanese version it is (Which is really unfair) But, I wanted confirmation... is there a way to get them in the future or is it impossible?

2. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

You have to unlock the sewers first and use the code on the vending machine...

3. LinkMasterJ

The codes don't work on the English version. I tried, unless there are new US codes?

4. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Maybe they changed the code...
    We'll have to wait then...

5. Evilnms

Evilnms Member

Nope. I tried the codes in the vending machine, and you can only get the US items :(
    It might be possible in the future by using action replay codes though :)

6. LinkMasterJ

Well, I honestly DO hope they can get them somehow... it's not fair that it's in Japan and not here if you ask me.

7. Evilnms

Evilnms Member

Ah, damn, game over. Looking through the forums on gamespot I found someone who'd gone through the game data:

"The data is changed for the weapons that dont have US passwords.

The weapons still exist but they are all made into generic weapons. If you transfer one of the weapons from the Japanese version it will turn into a different gun with the same stats."

So basically, if you've got Samus Arm Cannon from the Jap version and gave it to your chara on the US version, you'd basically get a completely different generic gun :S
    Damn, and I was hoping it was possible to get them...

8. LinkMasterJ

Those S.O.B's... why the hell did they do that? Oh Goddamn it.. =\

9. gr8 1

gr8 1 Well-Known Member

i agree it was awesome that i had samus's arm gun link's hylian shield and miku's leak wand and they had to alter it T_T

10. Matssaa

Matssaa Member

Where is the vending machine i can't find

11. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

Considering its only a little bit of data that has been changed it is simple to fix with a patch. All you need to do is extract the proper data from the japanese game and replace those same parts on the US game. then tada! we get the fancy nintendo items. The only exceptions are the magazines. In the us version the magazines are just the US equivilents, nintendo power instead of famitsu and wat not, though some of the game magz in US version were weekly manga mags in the Japanese version. no big really.

12. gr8 1

gr8 1 Well-Known Member

i was thinking the same exact thing but im all thumbs when it comes to extracting the right piece of data when the patch becomes public im sooooooo patching it i loved the vocaloid (miku hatsune) leak wand and if it works on wi-fi then its a defo must XD

13. three_strangers

three_strangers Well-Known Member

Oh, I was wondering why I didn't have the Samus gun! It just changed into someother item. Damn them.