1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo is generous with flash cart user,Right !!!(???)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4ds, Sep 13, 2008.

1. 4ds

4ds Well-Known Member

so we all are allow to connect to nintendo wi fi eventhough using flash cart;i am pretty sure nintendo can detect it right lol so what does it mean?they don't really care as long the handheld is sold or...

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they can't detect it. they hate flashcarts, as is obvious by the fact they sue the manufacturers.

3. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

That's right, how can they detect a fake when it doesn't give out anything that Nintendo can pick up since it doesn't affect the ds' firmware and it isn't obvious...

4. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

That's why flashcarts are your friends, they can't be detected, because they do nothing out of the oridnary when compared to the normal games.

5. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

That is unless you use item cheats like in mario kart and other Wi-fi games.... I dont know if they can detect it but Im shure that everyone can tell.

6. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

There's an Action Replay for NDS, you could just be using one.

7. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Did anyone say cheats?! ;D I know loads about cheats!
    The cheat.dat is a database of action replay codes, therefore it is nothing out of the usual, Narin's codes can easily be put into action replay and that's usually the case, therefore it is not anything different, the only other cheat option exclusive to flashcarts is the pokesav or other hacked saves/games which can be recreated in action replay, so Nintendo can't catch anybody out :)

8. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Like I said, there's no need for a flashcart like the R4 to use AR codes.

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

what? I use AR codes on my Cyclo, obviously they're built in.
    Nintendo can't tell the difference between a flashcart and an AR so we're safe.

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes obviously. But you know you can add AR codes to a real existing cartridge right guys? You don't need an AR to do it, you just need a Slot 2 flashcart. They could detect if you were using a flashcart if you were using Wifi on a dedicated server for a specific game, most likely, but no games have their own dedicated server. Homebrew games do.

11. 4ds

4ds Well-Known Member

my friend who uses R4 told me if we connect to nintendo wi-fi using the nintendo usb connector instead of wireless router it can be detected lol we will be able to go online for sometime but after that will be disconnected.eventhough we can always connect again the same will happen not like it will affect me much though since i am using a wireless router ^_^

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

That's wrong.

13. 4ds

4ds Well-Known Member

so does anyone here uses a nintendo usb connector?I am curios to know^_^

14. ultra

ultra Guest

are you referring to the usb wifi connector??

i wanted to buy one but many people have said that it's connection rate isn't that good. many recommended just buying a regular wifi router which is cheap and is good anyway as you can use it for connecting other consoles as well. but the problem is that the ds only uses wep, which isn't that secure when using with a computer. so that is a downer. but the wii on the other had accepts both wpa and wep. i got a dlink n basic for 45 [tax included], setup was easy and it works.

15. Loonylion

Also remember you're using WEP with the USB wifi connector, and its connected to your computer. Best option is to disconnect the router/USB wifi when not using it. Nintendo really cocked up with this, and since it is possible to upgrade a WEP radio to WPA with a firmware update (they both use the same algorithm, WPA2 uses a different one that requires more powerful hardware), Nintendo are shooting themselves in the foot by not releasing a firmware upgrade.

16. 4ds

4ds Well-Known Member

the ds,yea it accepts wep but when i put mine to 128bit it can't connect.using the 64bit worls well though i am not really worry about the security though lol since my neighbourhood doesn't have any people with the habit of stealing connection ^_^(except me that is lol but only when my internet connection is down so occasionally i use it to surf the net;people's connection that is ~.~)

17. Loonylion

128bit wep is no more secure than 64 bit anyway.

18. 4ds

4ds Well-Known Member

didn't know that lol

19. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

I got the Nintendo wi-fi USB adapter, used it once, paid £30 ($50approx) and it's a piece of cheap ****. back to subject, the flash carts are undetectable. Nintendo clearly didn't think about this scenario well enough to avoid it. i do have to respect the manufacturer though, we all gotta love in some way. ;)

20. 4ds

4ds Well-Known Member

so does nintendo get anything like benefits from the games being sold like a royalty or something but even in they didn't get any of that the flash cart still help to sell their ds lol due to the fact that people can get games for free ^_^