1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo In Crisis - 3DS Price Drops And 20 Free Games From eShop

Discussion in 'General News' started by iluvfupaburgers, Jul 29, 2011.

1. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

FOR THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT THE 3DS BEFORE PRICE DROP:
    PRICE DROP MAKES 3DS GO FROM 249.99USD TO 169.99USD

it seems i am getting 20 free games. and hopefully this attracts more people into 3ds

Source:
    • http://kotaku.com/5825553/
    • http://wii.ign.com/articles/118/1184696p1.html
    • http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/28/nintendo-3ds-price-drops-from-249-to-169-august-12th-current/

2. Genya Arikado

Genya Arikado Well-Known Member

Re: Nintendo In Crisis - 3DS Price Drops

Good thing I didn't buy one. :p I might in the future though, maybe near the end of this year.

3. iluvfupaburgers

well, for those that payed full price will get 20 free games, added that section on OP

4. Genya Arikado

Genya Arikado Well-Known Member

Yeah I know. I saw that. Most of those games I already played though...

5. Frivera360

Frivera360 Guest

I knew for a fact they would drop the price, because for one thing the 3DS is not worth 250, the PSVITA will come out soon for also 250 and much more worth the price, so dropping was the only way to be able to compete with it. But I think its cool you can get 20 free GBA games.

6. iluvfupaburgers

well, its 10 free nes games and 10 free gba games.

7. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I'm sick of Nintendo re-releasing games, they're determined to flog their past successes to death for profit. I'm tempted to compare them to Square Enix, but at least SE is making original games from its main IPs (even if many of them are awful). Nintendo are hinting at remaking MM for the 3DS, and of course all the fanboy vermin are ecstatic. What I'd prefer to endless excavations of old Zelda games is a decent new one for the 3DS. /bitterness /hate /whining

That said, there are some great NES and GBA games; I'm not against classic games, I just hate that classic games are being re-released in the place of original games that should be being made.

8. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I've talked to quite a few people who aren't happy with what they are getting in return for spending $80 extra. Yeah, neat, 20 free games. Now what if you only really want three, maybe four of them? Doesn't seem so worth it now.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I dunno. I wish them well.

I do like the fact that I will be able to have some games that the rest of the 3DS owners may not have.

10. LuckyTrouble77

Unless they own a GBA and a respectable collection.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That too. That's what I have a DS for too. =\ I got it for free, but got it working with an R4 and my EZ IV.

I just hope this thing doesn't tank cause I have put a LOT of money into it...

12. LuckyTrouble77

The DS first year was pretty terrible too. People are just being overly expectant.

People didn't really notice the DS until the lite model though, which was nearly a year and a half after the initial DS launch. At that point, the DS was doing well enough that it didn't really matter.

13. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they wouldn't later release the GBA games, it stupid as fuck, those are some of the best GBA games there are, and they could make good money off of them, but nope. That's Nintendo for you.

14. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

Wow Im gonna buy a 3ds now :D

15. Landon1

Landon1 Well-Known Member

I'm still not buying it...gonna waste my money on the vita instead.

16. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

"Stupid"? I don't think so, If you bought a 3ds early you obviously are a true nintendo Fan and supporter, and I dunno about you but I think that deserves something special. Those loyal fans are getting a prize for their loyalty.

17. LuckyTrouble77

lol loyal? They buy a system early at a highly marked up price and are called loyal? How about stupid? You buy a system early at a marked up price, right out of the gate, you are either stupid and just want it to have it, or know full well that there will be a price drop, but you want it now in case good stuff comes out in the mean time.

18. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Yay! I am one of the lucky ones. I get the free gamez :d

19. iluvfupaburgers

lol, me too, but i was reading somewhere that maybe for the gba games, you will need to be in the ambassador's program, or something like that

20. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

I don't plan on selling my DS Lite for any worthwhile amount of money so I'm not going to bother with buying one before they officially drop the price.