1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo DSI

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Avi Nardia, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avi Nardia

Avi Nardia New Member

We just got new DSI and trying download games for it from the web but after transfer to the memory card the DSI can not read it , do the DSI can not read games for DSI ???
    Thank you for any help or advice
    it can be also email us to
    [email protected]

2. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

are you using a flashcart? if you are, it must be specially made for the DSi, like the R4i or Acekard2i. and you must not have updated your firmware with the facebook app.

if it's just with the DSi SD card, then I can't help you

3. Avi Nardia

Avi Nardia New Member

We got the card on same shop with the DSi as they said its made for used with it
    Its Panasonic 8 GB SD

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Oh... you are trying to use the SD card on the DSi itself? You cannot play games on it that way.

You need a Flashcart. Something like this:
    http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18728

They are built like DS game cartridges, and use a MicroSD card to store games. Then you play it like you would a normal game.

5. Avi Nardia

Avi Nardia New Member

Thank you for help Ill order one ! than try and see if its work

6. shinkukage09

shinkukage09 Well-Known Member

Be warned though. Find out if your DSi is already at firmware 1.4X or not before buying it. Because if it is, you'll need another DS/DSi to update the Acekard so it can work on the updated firmware. Because unless the stores regularily use the update on the Acekard's/M3i's/Whatevers, it won't be usable because of a block(which has been bypassed by updates for the EZVi, Acekard 2i, M3i Zero, R4i(gotta buy the new version), and I think the Supercard).

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Can't you just update the card on a pc before using it on a dsi or must it be done via dsi?

8. shinkukage09

shinkukage09 Well-Known Member

Well, it depends on the card. The M3i Zero and the Supercard can be updated via PC. Acekard, and the rest, can't.

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes, those cards feature their own updatable linker, to update their internal firmware without needing to be run on a DSi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.