1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo DSi

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by bbblaz, Apr 16, 2009.

1. bbblaz

bbblaz New Member

Well I just heard about the new NDS system. Apparently there is an SD card slot included, as well as a camera, which the photos are very 'editable' and a sound recorder, where you can change the pitch, speed and all the other good stuff. There is also a browser, which you can connect to your Wifi and browse..

I still don't fully understand it but you can download games off it.

Well.. Let's discuss :3

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

you can download games to it via DSiware just like the Wii that has Wiiware and it cost points ranging from 200 - 800+ personally I am not bothering getting a DSi until a decent price drop but it kinda ticks me off that they are making exclusive DSi carts for it tho. and making DSi enhanced carts that work on both DS and DSi

3. The Stanman

The Stanman Member

Mainly looks like a way for Nintendo to expand their sales, but couldnt they have put something better than a VGA camera into it?! And i dont know if its just me but when i buy a new piece if technolgy, i want it to be recognisably different to a previous, or inferior model, whereas the DSi looks almost identical to the Lite... Think i might stick with my DS lite :)

4. Sacker

Sacker Well-Known Member

agree ... but its not just nintendo attempting to lock in thier customer base with downloads... alot of corps have been taking that measure since 2007 when usa was blowing out in financials, to save thier marginal profits from shrinking.. not a new concept either. So far none of the games on Dsiware are stellar on the USA version.

5. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

How many threads are on this same topic?

6. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

... A lot lol.

7. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

Yup CJ there are a lot but it's new. And to be honest - i'm not gonna get one until i know there IS definitely a hack for it. I ain't gonna waste £30 a game for a game i might not like when my DS does the same job but saves me lots of money.

8. Your_Shadow446

Your_Shadow446 Active Member

The DSi looks interesting and everything, I mean, I just dropped by EBGames and got one of the handouts. But looking closer I realized...

NO GBA SLOT! Of course, that means no GBA Supercard, which I plan to get, but more importantly, no Guitar Hero! (even though the games aren't that good apparently)

I might get a DSi eventually, but like the rest of you, waiting for a price change would be the good thing to do.

9. MadmanNero

yeah they took out the GBA slot in favor of a SD card slot (for storing music,photos and DSiware) which is why its thinner than the DS Lite all in all I can think of a lot more things I can use for the money...like a new harddrive for my laptop...

10. The Stanman

The Stanman Member

Will also be interesting to see what type of games specifically designed for the DSi are released (using the camera, etc). Does anybody know if the new shaped speaker outputs project better sound?

11. maddyfin11

maddyfin11 New Member

i heard the camara on it is only 0.3 megapixels where as my phone has at least 3.0 megapixels and the photos they use on the advert are fake

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the first bit is true, but as to the advert photos being fake I have no comment.

13. MadmanNero

That's what they claim. It has an app that allows you to manipulate various AVV files (10-18 second clips) so they put in better speakers.

[edited] thats what I get for posting when I am not awake...heh and no one noticed my mistake...for shame! ;D

14. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

The difference between the DSi and the DSL is so little that it doesn't deserve to be a new handheld
    There is no significant upgrade

15. The Stanman

The Stanman Member

Yeah and the price is crazy for how small the improvements are:
    trade in a DSL and 2 games + $159 just gets you the console.
    When i first heard about the DSi i thought it was gonna look and feel completely different, like with the "GBA - GBA SP - Micro" progression.
    Sadly not

16. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Nintendo surely have done something outrageous this time...

17. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

I dont like nintendo

18. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Do note the above user is an MS and CoD fanboy

19. Josh241294

Josh241294 Well-Known Member

I hate maple story, as for CoD, no comment. Anyway, what do all you people have against the DSi? I mean, sure it`s your opinions and the DSi has it`s few flaws. But it`s a good console overall. Hell, this message was posted with my DSi Web Browser! And I am getting an Acekard2i anyway, so its basically my old DS Lite, with extra capabilities and a sleeker look.