1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo DSi Update

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by louisfox98, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. louisfox98

louisfox98 New Member

Help!
    Like the fool i am, i updated my NDSi. It is now running version 1.4 which i have now found out, stops R4 cards etc from working.
    Is there anyway i can remove the update from my DS or am i suck with it unit they bring a new R4 card out that bypasses it?

2. adzdude96

adzdude96 Member

That's what has happened to my Acekard 2i. I still haven't been able to get it working on my dsi, but I play it on my old broken-hinge dsl and my brother's dsl. Keep checking their website for an update.

3. shaunydub

shaunydub Member

Anyone got an R4i card working on the DSI after the update?

4. Lisa Ryan

Lisa Ryan New Member

help...dsi has internet updated now my r4i card wont work...message reads..an error has occurred press and hold the power button to turn the system off. please refer to the Nintendo dsi operations manual for details... original games still work though...has anyone got any ideas

5. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

No, the update blocks flashcarts entirely. Most likely, a simple firmware update will not oversome this issue, so flashcarts that don't have flashable loaders (eg EZF Vi, SCDS1i, M3i0) are probably dead in the water now.

6. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

As long as you don't update the DSi you shouldn't have any problems

7. husher

husher New Member

My kids updated accidentally, and the update did the same thing...no more R4i.

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Just will have to wait to see if a workaround will be developed in the near future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.