1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo DSi New Owner

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Josh241294, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Josh241294

Josh241294 Well-Known Member

Hi RomUlation. :D
    I took a looong thing about purchasing the new Nintendo DSi. When EB Games came out with the deal of $175.00 if you trade in your old DS Lite, I thought about it a bit more. I decided..."Yes, I will buy it." But, I had to make a sacrifice...my DSTT. Now, I only have one DS game (Pokemon Diamond). I've heard about the flashcard makers are starting to sell "i" Flashcards. I live in Melbourne, Australia. Is there a way I can buy one, apart from eBay or somewhere? ??? (I'm 14, and my mum is a bit of a no when it comes to internet shopping).

Anyway...
    I love my new Black Nintendo DSi ;D It has it's two cameras, music player and internet capabilities. It's awesome...and best of all, I think the Hinge Crack of Doom problem has gone for good! The DSi doesn't snap in when put into the same angle as a DS Lite and make that clicking noise. You can adjust the angle of the top screen without worry, but don't put it to 180 degrees...it could get nasty...I haven't tried, and I won't, because that's what happened with my 1st DS Lite (White), it cracked because of that and my 2nd one (Red/Black) cracked cos' I accidently dropped it. I'm going to be more careful now. Anyway, my second question is, related to the hinge crack of doom. How far should I put my top screen? ??? WarioWare: Snapped! suggests 120 degrees, but I want opinions. Hopefully I'll start downloading ROMS again if I can get an iFlashCard. Please, let me know where to get one from, and give your opinion on how far to put my top screen.

Thanks, and keep emulating!
    Josh ~ :)

2. Murderbox

Murderbox Active Member

http://www.quantronics.com.au/products/ds/modchips

I found that online. Look at the top one. Can't answer your other question, sorry.

3. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

wait...you arent support to open your DS all the way up? (180*), i been doing that since i got my DS >.>

4. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

I hate having it 180*, the "snapping" distance is perfect (and in my 6 DSes ive never had a scratched screen or broken hinge... I dont get why people think they're such big problems)

5. barrdboy

barrdboy Member

http://www.memorybits.co.uk/r4_cards/nintendo_dsi/r4i check that out....

6. Josh241294

Right. Thanks guys. I'll just keep it at either 120* or 180*, and as for the iFlashCards, I might not go for the R4i, but maybe the Acekard2i.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the acekart2i is the best at this point.

8. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

9. Josh241294

Thanks, guys...
    you guys are really helpful, all though it saddens me that I wont be able to download ROMs until I get an iFlashcard. But, i'll still be on the forums!

BTW, this message was posted via the DSi Web Browser :D

10. Loonylion

bear in mind that it's not currently possible to play DSi roms, all the flashcart will allow you to do is play DS roms at this point.

11. Josh241294

DSi roms...aren't they the DSiWare ones? If so, it doesn't matter...i'm waiting for Moving Memo (Moving Notebook) to come out in Australia. Anyone know when that's happening?

EDIT: Mixed Messages came out today, but...I only have 100 Nintendo Points left.

12. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

Hey, im not getting the DSi or a flashcart for it until im certain there are working flashcarts for it. I don't wanna be spendng money on pointlessly crap games.

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

There are working devices.

14. Josh241294

I`m really excited about the Moving Memo Pad. Anyone know when that will be released in Australia? If not, in English at all?

BTW this was posted with my DSi Browser

15. fistania

fistania New Member

excuse me, i'm having little trouble, i just bought dsi and i add new games from my computer, and insert the micro SD card into acekard (the games are inside). in the manual book the icon should be change into the game icon, but mine is not, and when i click it, it says: system file missing. i didnt delete anything, just adding something.

and i cant copy some .nds files to the micro SD card, it says: "the path is too deep". and some says: "cannot move the file ...... i/o device error"

any help? thanks a lot...

16. Loonylion

system file missing sounds like the firmware is borked. I'm assuming this is an acekard 2i (note the trailing i)? If so I would suggest you format your microsd and try again.

17. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

While I want a DSi really bad (my current DS phat has a tiny d*** screen... T_T) I'm scared that my precious homebrew for DS (which I now consider better than the commercial roms for DS) will go away with firmware.

18. misslucha

misslucha Member

Josh, I live in Geelong not far from you. I found it really hard to find any R4 cards NOT online... people don't wanna get caught selling them and so it makes it harder to find them.

However, try your local computer swap meet, or market. My sister said she saw them being sold there.