1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo DS Touch Screen and System Settings Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DragonQuester, Sep 24, 2010.

1. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Okay guys, here's what's happening. When I turn on my DS with my flashcard in, it goes to the menu but my touch screen is not working on the menu, nor in any games. Then without my flashcard in the DS, it's supposed to go to the "Touch the Touch Screen to Continue" screen, right? Wrong. It doesn't even show that and my DS gives me a message in all sorts of languages saying "System Settings have been lost. Tap +" When I tap the + with my stylus, it works and calibrates but I dont know how to get out of that screen to go to the menu and fix my settings. Any help? Thanks so much.

2. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Have you been running homebrew? Which flashcart do you use?

3. samusaran115

samusaran115 Well-Known Member

So...This happens when the flash card is removed? Just keep calibrating it over and over. I had a non-working touch screen fix itself by calibrating for a couple minutes straight. Also, try removing the battery or something. Good luck.

4. DragonQuester

Nope no homebrew :'( But I am using the N5 but I know that it's the "Real" one for sure..
    I tried calibrating it for a while, but I guess I'll try again... And I'll try removing the battery as well, thanks!
    EDIT: Yeah I tried the calibrating thing for a little longer and I got the settings to pop up, Thanks!

5. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

The N5's brick your DS... I think you should probably look for a new flashcart, and maybe even a new ds... for now just try calibrating and removing the battery...

6. DragonQuester

Yeah I did the calibrating and my touch screen is working again as well as the settings are back to normal, I still have the DSLite, what flashcard would you just? Would the Acekard2i work on the Lite?

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

yes, every card with i at the end will also work on the DS lite...though if you're buying a new one, i'd go the extra $10-$20 and get an SCDS2

8. awesomebros

Srsly?
    I would buy an original R4 with an EZ flash 3 in 1.

9. DragonQuester

So If I was buying a new DS, you'd suggest a SupercardDS2 right?
    lol thats what I used to have until the R4 broke down and I replaced it with the N5 + a new EZ Flash 3 in 1

10. awesomebros

So the N5 actually does screw up your DS?

How long have you had the N5 card?

11. DragonQuester

i've actually had it for a full year almost, no problem until now, but I got it working again, thanks for the solutions guys

12. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

by "new one" i meant a new card -.-" so far the SCDS2 has had no compatibility issues with newer games, and has great SNES/GBA emulation capabilities :p

dead serious >.>

That long and this is the first time you bricked?!?! i'm amazed...

13. samusaran115

samusaran115 Well-Known Member

Glad to have helped :)