1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo DS Rom Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by candian75, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candian75

candian75 New Member

Now I've had something called an R4 card for quite sometime (in my case an N5 Card). There are several games that I have trouble putting into my N5 card for the specific reason that it says there is no save file or that it cant read the game. Most of the games that I've downloaded into my R4 or N5 card do end up working, but it seems that the new breed of games are all having the same issue.

Now let it be known that I do in fact have WinRAR and am very capable of using it. I have several games in my N5 card that work very well. Though it seems that the new popular games are the ones that have the most trouble working.

Now for an example I tried to download a couple games that all ended up having the same issue. I downloaded Yu-Gi-Oh world Championship 2009 5D stardust excellerator and when I try to play the game I get a message that says "Unable to read data. Please turn off the power and reinsert the game card." Another example is Bleach The 3rd Phantom. Same issue but different message. It said "Cannot read save file, please reinsert the game card." Same thing with Valkyrie Profile.

Again I am able to load the games into my N5 card but once in the system the games have trouble reading. I hope someone who is experianced with this can give me a couple pointers on how i can work these games. I would be very greatfull!! Thanks in advance for anyone that tries to help me =)

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Take a look in the common Issues topic.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

Either update your firmware or try patching the games with the methods listed in that topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.