1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo DS r4 Corrupted

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by leoniloperez, Jun 21, 2013.

1. leoniloperez

leoniloperez Member

Can someone help me to figure it out what I gonna to do with my ''R4 (ndsiLL.net) the green one with 4g Memory card.
    yesterday evening , my friend of mine borrowed my r4 to copy my .nds game files,when my friend returned it to me .I discover that my r4 functions on my Ds becomes crazy.So I try figure it out on my computer and my nightmare starts.All my files are corrupted ! , I tried to figure it out by using youtube.com but nothing happens,I don't know hwat is that kernel ,firmware anyways. My r4 back of the box says '' R4 DSi LL functionality'' do I need a program to search for that type of r4? do an r4 to ds unit transfer its virus one another ,im little worried to my Ds. Can someone help me download all original stuff of my r4 micro sd to its original ? like moonshell ,system etc. Please help !
    `

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Describe what your definition of 'crazy'.

Corrupted as in the SD Micro can't be read by the computer? Or can it but files seems to be missing? How'd you know if you feel some of it are missing?

Of cause, don't rely on youtube, not that it's a bad info site, but not all info can be sought reliable from there.

Go to the cart's website or use Google Search to find the official site of that cart. Download kernel from there.

As per mentioned, use Google Search or whatever your preferred search engine might be.

No, DS consoles can't transmit virus to another console. But a contaminated SD Micro used on another computer can be trasmitted to your computer.

Do it yourself by going to your cart's official website. You'd have made a habit of backing up your SD Micro content. But doing it now is of cause pointless.

What you can do now is, go to the cart's website, download the latest kernel meant for that cart. Back up SD Micro content to your computer (even though it seems pointless at this stage), format your SD Micro, insert the extracted kernel file (it should be a file ending with .nds), run the cart on your console (make sure your console is fully charged prior to doing this), and perform the installation. Hopefully after doing this your problem is solved. You can download moonshell from the cart's site or find using a search engine.

3. leoniloperez

leoniloperez Member

Can someone help me to figure it out what I gonna to do with my ''R4 (ndsiLL.net) the green one with 4g Memory card.
    yesterday evening , my friend of mine borrowed my r4 to copy my .nds game files,when my friend returned it to me .I discover that my r4 functions on my Ds becomes crazy.
    *Describe what your definition of 'crazy'.
    =Menu? that is what I see

So I try figure it out on my computer and my nightmare starts.All my files are corrupted !
    *Corrupted as in the SD Micro can't be read by the computer? Or can it but files seems to be missing? How'd you know if you feel some of it are missing?
    =My antivurus Detect that theres a virus ! I check the R4 memory card and confirmed it was there.! I try to make a back up file but the computer confront me to stop ''Corrupted''

Thank You su much sir.

4. Prectorian

Then the issue is with the virus inside the SD Micro. If your computer deny it from being backed up due to security reasons, try cleaning it with the antivirus, see if after that it's allowed to be moved.

If not possible to back up to computer then, you might have to end up formatting the SD Micro (doing so means you lose all the files contain in it), download a fresh copy of the cart's kernel from the cart's official site from the site's download page, extract the downloaded file, insert them to your SD Micro.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its not worth paying to have the data recovered, its hugely expensive.

6. leoniloperez

leoniloperez Member

Guys how about this ''Menu?'' when I start my Nintendo !
    Very Confuse

7. Prectorian

Simply means one or several of your R4's kernel file is missing or corrupted or unreadable in the SD Micro. Only solution is doing as I'd said. You got no choice but to format your SD Micro, and reinsert new/fresh copy of the kernel from your cart's official website download page.

8. leoniloperez

leoniloperez Member

Sir , I Already did what did you say, I download the kernel from my carts website,still ''Menu?"

9. Prectorian

Did you format your SD Micro before adding the fresh kernel copy? (Try formatting the SD Micro using 'Panasonic SD Formatter'; free download)
    Did you check to see if the cart + SD Micro is properly in contact with the console?
    Did you made sure to download the correct kernel file from the correct website? (Note: 1 site might contain more than 1 cart versions, be sure to download the one you need)
    Did you made sure to add the files you used to have into the SD Micro?

Remember that just deleting without formatting, might not solve anything since your SD Micro was infected by your friend's computer and rendered corrupted. The pre-mentioned steps should have solved your issue. So I'm not quite sure what else to add, besides advising you to re-check. Unless................., if your console is a DSi with latest update in it (above v.1.4.4), it then become more tricky since with your R4's SD Micro already corrupted and no longer readable, thus need you to reformat and reinstall fresh files, while on the other hand it also means you might need to borrow your friend's console (granted it's of version below v.1.4.3) to perform the steps to recover/reinstall the R4's kernel since on the latest DSi firmware means it's blocked!

10. leoniloperez

leoniloperez Member

Yes, Sir . I format first my memory card before I add the new kernel, regarding for the unit, My console is not a Dsi , its a Ds Lite,i think I must borrow my friends DSI.I update You later sir ,If my r4 is working.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if it doesn't work on a ds lite, I very much doubt it will work on a dsi

12. Prectorian

Very true.

Anyway, do also try using an alternative SD Micro and install it with the necessary files from your cart's website. Hopefully you could solve it. Also try check if the issue is 'element contact', might need to jig the SD Micro/flash cart before turning on the console. If after all that still can't be done, maybe your flash cart been bricked, thus you'd need to buy new cartridge.