1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo DS Question about Accessories(Malaysia,Penang Specifically)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jeremiah, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Well-Known Member

I was thinking of getting a EZ Flash 3-in-1, But was wondering if there are any available nearby? Gurney Plaza probably... and also,does the EZ Flash let me play GBA Roms? Will the EZ Flash fit snuggly in with a DS Lite?

I found a R4 for sale their and wondering if R4's also use MoonShell to play Music, Will all my NDS Saves be invalid if I switch to using R4 as my Flash Cart, and will R4 work alongside the EZ Flash?

2. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I'll do some answering XD

I don't think Gurney has them.
    I've never really seen one for sale before. :(

Yes,it fits to the GBA slot of the DSlite.
    Just make sure you don't buy the one that is meant for the DS Phat (The GBA slots are a bit different)

Yes,you can use Moonshell on R4 to listen to music

The R4 will work with the EZ Flash since they use different slots.
    I don't understand what you mean by the bolded part though.
    If you were using a DS emulator to play your games previously,you might need to convert the save file before it will work on the R4.

3. Jeremiah

I'm currently using the EDGE Flashcart, if I change to R4 will my Level 100 Gyarados be gone forever in Diamond (Theoretical Example)

4. ggrroohh

Not if you convert the save file to the proper format. :)
    R4 uses .SAV
    I dunno about EDGE,but if its different you could convert the save file to the proper format here

5. Jeremiah

it also uses .SAV Format... ::)

Well at least I now have a Crystal Casing for my Lite, I asked if they have a Housing for the DS Lite because I don't like my Lite's Color (Ice Blue) They said it wasn't worth it since the DSi is double the price of the Lite Housings... I still want a Black or White DS Housing though, I'm guessing though they don't have it and I'll just have to buy online much like the EZ Flash. :(

6. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

Personly wouldn't get an R4. Nearly all you'll see are fakes and the originals can only take up to a (rare) non sdhc 4gb card. They also don't update any more.

Also, if you want a slot 1 emulator for GBA you could get an Iplayer http://www.dsiplayer.com or wait a bit until the Supercard Two comes out.

In the future judging by other peoples opions I'll either get a supercard 2 or Cyclo DS

7. Jeremiah

Well... not sure if this is the Original ones as you say but this is what the salesperson showed me, There was another one, I think called R4I something..

[​IMG]

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

EDGE is far better than R4, stick with the EDGE.

9. Jeremiah

good then... Was still wondering about the EZ Flash though, if its plugged in I will be able to play GBA Roms then?

10. ggrroohh

Its real,cause mine is like that :p

Pretty sure its possible,the EZ Flash can be used with all flashcarts I believe.

11. Jeremiah

I read its description but I can only get that its the RAM Expansion Pack and the Rumble Pack, How does it make GBA Roms work exactly?

12. ggrroohh

This might or might not answer your question

13. Jeremiah

So I still have to put the .GBA and .SAV Files in the Memory Stick of my EDGE and then it just utilizes the required stuff for GBA with the EZ Flash... Either way... I'll need a paypal or something before I'll get a EZ Flash... :-[

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.