1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo DS is childish?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Jonez001, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Hi,

On my Dutch blog I got in to an discussion with some people who say that the Nintendo DS is childish because:

1. No 18+ games
    2. it is markting is for the 5 - 17 year old people!

Who agrees and who not?
    And why?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

There are M games.
    They just never sell well because a majority of people who play DS are "casual" players.

It's not childish. Those people are just trolls.

3. Jonez001

:) I said that and the argument of him is: Above the "M" you have not 18+ but 17+ what is something else!

4. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

What about Dementium: The Ward, Dementium II, That 'Dear Theresa Emile' (or something) game and that game about a game that kills people (like in The Ring).

5. Jonez001

Okay, everybody agrees that the DS is not childish but something for adults and kids?

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

For everyone.

7. Jonez001

who has still things to show that what we say iswrong?

8. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

No 18+ games is a very poor way to judge the demographic. A multitude of M rated games doesn't make it geared towards a specific age group, but rather the content of all the games that are there. Games such as Mario are really meant to be for the enjoyment of everybody, whether you're five or thirty. Games such as Castlevania though, I certainly wouldn't hand to a five year old. I don't care about the rating, that's just a game that I couldn't envision somebody that young being able to understand and play.

Also, whoever created that argument is probably only twelve or thirteen. With that kind of reasoning, I can't even begin to assume them to be older than that.

9. Jonez001

+1 and certainly for that last thing!

10. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

This is the age where people assume mature games = massive blood and violence. It's sad really.

11. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

The console isn't childish but the vast majority of games are.

12. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Nintendo is indeed childish but It targets people who are young at heart that means even you are 100 years old, you will still buy and play it ;D

13. Jonez001

That is where I disagree. Why would give a childish company give access to shooters and horror games for their consoles?

14. unqiueninja

Don't you get it? I am scolding the people who is saying Nintendo is childish. I did add a "But" in my post to avoid misunderstanding ;D

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I'm 100% sure that those R-Tards who say that there are no adult oriented games on the DS do not know of, or even heard of those Japanese "touching" games & of Love Plus per se.

Also I'm guessing, not only are they R-Tards, they are also graphics whores as they probably also want violent games that have excellent blood & guts visuals. Really, this current generation of gamers got nothing :p

16. unqiueninja

Agree and they are always comparing DS to PSP when they are completely two different things

17. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

The people in your comments sound like biased bro-gamers.

And no 18+ games?
    I can name several.
    And just because a console doesn't have many 18+ games doesn't mean it's for kids. I'm 17, and I have fun with games like Mario and such.

18. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

DS is not childish, it just has a wide variety of games. Just because it isnt all ARPG and shooters doesnt make it childish.

19. Faivon

Faivon Member

The console itself is not childish, maybe some of the games are targeted for kids but the console itself is for everyone.

20. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

The console isn't childish. Some or most of the games are targeted to children but some games are targeted for an older audience like dementium the ward , GTA chinatown wars and Resident Evil.
    I'd rather have a ds or a wii instead of the 360 and such. Online is more friendly and less serious to me.
    The ds has nearly all types of games like rpg's,shooters and horror's. The 3ds is coming next year and has resident evil in 3d.
    True a game doesn't have to be violent to be good, it doesn't have to have great visuals of blood and guts.