1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo DS flashcart/rom conflicts

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by beeboi, May 2, 2010.

1. beeboi

beeboi New Member

Hey,

I recently bought an Acekard 2 for my DS Lite, mostly in order to use the Colors app. However, after visiting Romulation and other download sites, I began to pick up old DS games I had lost in the past or was wanting to try out.

I recently downloaded a ROM for "Warioware: D.I.Y." here at Romulation and slapped it onto my flashcart. Not to much avail, though--the game took about thirty minutes for the cart to patch correctly and after the whole ordeal, the ROM will not play. I've used other games that are also very large or graphical-intensive such as Metroid Prime Hunters or Pokemon Platinum without fail.

I'm wondering if there's a ROM loader I should know about, or new attempts for Nintendo to curb pirating. Or if the D.I.Y. ROM is just plumb broken : B

Has anyone else had this problem in any case?

2. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Use this firmware to make the game work
    http://normmatt.com/forum/download/file.php?id=75&sid=018b7e3921b438695f0f3aaa0fc8b9a4

3. Avatar33

okay
    1. what does colors do
    2. Warioware d.i.y has anti-piracy, which as the name suggest stops us pirates playing this game until a patch is made
    3. i suggest you google and even search the forums here to find out more about how to get the game to work
    4. or as johnx has stated use akaio 1.6 to play the game

4. beeboi

beeboi New Member

Heh, thanks...when I first got the cart, I tried installing AKAIO and resorted to the official firmware after some n00b confusion on my part. Thank you for bringing that to my attention :)

1. Colors is basically the best drawing application you can find for the DS http://colors.collectingsmiles.com/ well...that I know of.
    2. Oh, well : x I was really wanting to buy the game, anyway.
    3+4. going to do!

5. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Don't use the Official Firmware for Acekard.

6. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Wrong.
    The game needs a 32 MB save file, it is not AP.

7. Avatar33

well sorry

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The 32 MB Save file is also why it takes so long to load the first time. Rather than creating a 512KB save file, it has to create a 32MB save file. So even with the updated firmware, the first time you boot it up you will have to wait a little while on the Loading screen.