1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo DS Browser PLEASE LOOK!!!!!!! Acekard 2i + 3in1 Expansion Cart

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by miros, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miros

miros Well-Known Member

OK...I have just got my 3 in 1 Expansion Pack and it works PERFECTLY with my Acekard 2i on my DS Lite. Loading ROMs and rumble could not be better, however I can not figure out how to install the proper software to my 3in1 using GBA_ExpLoader to make the browser to work...any help would be appreciated. Whenever I load the NDS Browser, it says to plug in the cart that came with the purchase of the software. Thanks,
    miros

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You need to patch the Browser program to make it work.

I'm having trouble finding the patch right now, but I'll see if I can find it.

Edit:

According to some websites (that I can't really link to) if you use Rudolph's Tools, you can set the EZFlash 3 in 1 to "Ram Mode" and the Clean Opera ROM will detect it correctly and work.

You can find it at www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds It is under Essential Utilities and is called "3-in-1 Expansion Pack Tool v1.9d"

3. miros

miros Well-Known Member

OK, I have downloaded the 3in1_ExpPack_Tool.nds and when I click it, a message comes up saying "3in1 expansion pack not found Please redo from start". However when I go to the GBA_ExpLoader.nds program it recognizes my expansion cart and I can play any of my GBA games with no problems. I also have tried changing the settings on the 3in1 Expansion Cart to Expansion Mode and the DS Browser will insist that I need to insert the original cartridge that came with the purchase of the browser(HA!). Is there a possibility that the DS cartridge has to be a EZ Flash card? Please let me know what you think,
    miros
    ps. Thanks for the link to the useful website

4. TirithRR

Hmm. I cannot test it because I have a CycloDS, and it does certain things automatically and doesn't work with Rudolph's tools or GBAexploader the same way.

But according to the data on the 3 in 1, the acekard is a supported card. It says it has to be set to Expansion Mode (Rumble) in order to work as the RAM expansion for the DS Browser.

Do you have a 3 in 1, or a 3 in 1 Plus? I think a lot of cards have trouble with the Plus versions because of a changed hardware.

5. miros

miros Well-Known Member

It is an "EZFlash 3-in-1 Memory Expansion Pack for NDS Lite " if it helps I ordered it from Deal Extreme -sku.2967-. I will try changing the settings to rumble to see if that may make a difference...nope the same message comes up. Should I try a different DS Browser or continue to finagle with the one I downloaded here? If I should change, what would you recommend?
    miros
    ps- DX is really an awesome website to order from-just as a side note

6. TirithRR

Well, hopefully there is someone else out there with a bit of experience. I cannot think of anything else.

Just for kicks, are you using the latest version of the firmware, and if you haven't, have you tried the Alternate firmware AKIAO?

7. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I am certain that I am using the latest firmware but I have not tired to use the AKIAO firmware. That is an interesting idea, I will try it out tomorrow and will let you know my results. Thanks again,
    miros

OOHHH MMYYY GGGOOOODDDD!!!
    IT WORKED!!!!!
    THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!! YEAHHHHH!!!!
    Dude, thank you so much!!!
    miros
    thanks again

8. kerry_066

kerry_066 New Member

Hi
    i have a AK2 in a DS lite and have a EZflash 3 in1 (512mb Apparently) and i get the same problem trying to use the DS Browser..
    can you direct me to the Alternate firmware AKIAO.. and is that difficult to install??

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

http://akaio.gbatemp.net/ Bah, is down at the moment.

10. TirithRR

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ has the AKAIO firmware available.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I don't know what's going on, but I never needed that program on my acekard 2.1, I just plug my 3 in 1 in, and select the rom as normal, I might have used the akio firmware to open it, but I never needed the exploader app...

Wow, gbatemp is down, well google akio's site and you might find something...hopefully the firmware you need.

12. sadboy

sadboy Guest

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3RZXJELE patched ds browser so if you need it everyone can download it

13. kerry_066

kerry_066 New Member

thanks forthe replies.
    i got the AKIAO firmware, ran the DS Browser without any problems. the AKIAO firmware basicly has the GBA loader builtin, so running a GBA ROM is just as simple as a NDS one..
    thanks all
    kez

14. skeleme

skeleme New Member

NO ONE HELPED ME A SINGLE BIT NOW I HAVE TO PAY $70 TO BUY ONE

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Not our fault if you didn't ask for help.

16. skeleme

skeleme New Member

can you PLEASE tell me a PROPER link ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.