1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo cares so much about piracy

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by sylar1000, Nov 6, 2010.

1. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

***URL Removed***

The linked site sells crappy flashcarts with roms, reported it 2 times like 8 months ago, still going eh nintendo

2. sonicfanboy

sonicfanboy Well-Known Member

WHAT! this is just stupid they go on about these flash carts and ap and now have there own one ok yeah it probably **** but still

3. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

It probably messes your ds up.

4. sylar1000

Nintendo isn't selling that >.>

Pretty much some guy uses flashcarts that have the SD card inside them, so you can't actually put new games on them, then overcharges you so he can put the roms on the flashcart and sell them to you. He is basically making money off of roms and shitty flashcarts. I used Nintendo's website to report the site a few times 8-10 months ago and Nintendo has yet to do anything about the website.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

They probably can't do anything. Depending on where the servers and company are located.

Your thread is misleading, which is why people like Sonicfanboy took it as Nintendo selling it. You should choose your wording more wisely. Just because Nintendo didn't respond to your report of a single website doesn't mean anything. How many times do you think all the other sites selling Flashcarts or distributing Roms have been reported the same way? How many of them are offline?

6. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

yeah, your wording is misleading, i actually thought nintendo sold these until i saw the website :p i wonder who buys these. its such a rip off. its more than buying r4 clones since with r4 clones your only paying 6-15 dollars max, while this costs almost 100 dollars

7. sylar1000

Selling flashcarts, distributing roms, this site is doing both of them combined. I'm assuming they can do something since they seem to be trying ban the sale of flashcarts in a lot of places. My topic wasn't all that misleading, i meant to put a period after piracy. And the "they sell" part is right under the website, which i assumed gave the impression that i was talking about said website, not Nintendo.

Right after that i also said i reported the website, why would i report a Nintendo website to Nintendo?

8. TirithRR

Your topic was/is misleading because the only words you have is (Beyond the URL, which doesn't count)

"Nintendo cares so much about piracy. They sell crappy flashcarts with roms, reported it 2 times like 8 months ago, still going eh nintendo"

Clearly misleading, since the only noun you use before the pronoun is "Nintendo" so an unknowing person sees "Nintendo" and "They". And the first reply is someone ignorantly knocking Nintendo for selling flashcarts.

The topic is pointless since there are tons of websites out there doing exactly what that site does, yet you somehow feel that Nintendo not instantly removing this site means they are hypocritical somehow? As is, this topic does nothing but advertise for said rip off website.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

80$ USD for one of those shit things? Wow. I got my SCDSTwo and an 8GB micro SD card for under $50. :p

I've seen that site before.

10. sylar1000

Yes, but again the URL was right there, and they was under it, so it's not that hard to assume i used the term they as in the website, not Nintendo. Plus the fact that i said i reported it two times, again i wouldn't report a Nintendo site to Nintendo. While i could have worded it better, gotta have a little give and take on the fact i noted i reported it, used "they" after the website.

Yes it is hypocritical, they have an Flashcart/Rom, etc reporting email, i report to them a website which makes money off f selling Illegal Roms, and they don't do anything about it.

11. TirithRR

You are assuming they CAN do anything about it. Do you know where this company (or just person probably) is located, where their servers are? You know... some things are not illegal everywhere, and companies can't force people to do things when no laws are being broken.

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That particular server is in the Netherlands, or so says FlagFox.

13. pro_mogura

pro_mogura Member

This. I'll refer you to the many Pirate Bay trials. International intellectual property laws are tricky.