1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo Announces DSi LL

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by JayBlue, Oct 29, 2009.

1. JayBlue

JayBlue Well-Known Member

Nintendo Announces DSi LL
    new DSi with larger screens

Following a Nikkei leak earlier in the week, Nintendo formally announced its upcoming DSi hardware revision today. The system will carry the name Nintendo DSi LL. It will see release on November 21 in three colors, Dark Brown, Wine Red, and Natural White. Pricing is set at ¥20,000, a bit up from the current DSi's ¥18,900 asking price.

DSi LL will feature two 4.2 inch screens, offering 93% additional area over the current DSi's 3.25 inch screen size. Nintendo will be including two different touch pens with LL. One can be stored in the system similar to the current touch pen, although it's about four millimeters longer than the current pen. The other touch pen is fatter and about 30 mm longer.

The spec page lists the LL's dimensions as 161x91.4x21.2mm, up from DSi's 137x74.9x18.9mm. The LL also weighs more, at 314g compared to 214g. Not surprisingly, there are some changes to the system's battery life. LL owners can look forward to more play time. Under mid-level brightness, LL will last 9 to 11 hours, up from DSi's 6 to 9 hour range. At the highest brightness setting, players can look forward to 4 to 5 hours of play time, up from the current 3 to 4 hours. Charge time takes a bit longer on the LL: three hours, or about 30 minutes more than DSi's two hours and thirty minutes.
    Source:DS-scene

Official site

2. lawlmaster

lawlmaster New Member

Who here still has a phat?

BTW, here's a pic of the DSi LL:

[​IMG]

3. Vainone

Vainone Well-Known Member

Stupid, They still havn't changed anything within the console itself at all.

Why do they keep modifying the same design.. The LL just looks huge in comparison to the other DS's

similar to a webbook minus the power.

4. JayBlue

I don't like it too much(especially for the price),but it's a good console(even tough I prefer the previous DSi)
    I think they released this one too fast...

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=26127.0

I'm not going to bother replying to Yoshi's message cause I don't understand what he's trying to say.

Is the DSi LL going to replace the DSi or is it going to be sold seperately? If sold as a seperate product, I'm sure people would get overwhelmed with chosing one of the 3 DS models being sold right now. It's probably not going to replace the older model.

The larger screens will also make the games look noticeably worse, although I don't really think this is geared toward gamers. Nintendo should have just waited for the larger screen suggestion to be applied to the next handheld when the games can support that resolution.

6. JayBlue

I would pick the first DSi ;D(I don't like the colors for the new one :p,and the price :eek:).
    And with this one,the price of the DSi will lower ;)(hope so :-\)

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Don't count on the price being dropped, I don't think it will. It's not that much more, it's only 40 dollars more, when you're already paying 180$ for a DSi, why not just add that little 40$ and get bigger screens and a better stylus?

I don't see the point of this revision, even if people wanted a bigger screen (which I didn't know about was a problem, at all). This is a way to get more money out of the people who already bought all the DS' or people who haven't jumped on board to the DS yet (and really, who hasn't yet?).

They should just release a new DS. That way the games on that newer DS and support the resolution and won't look like total pixelated crap.

8. JayBlue

I think this new DSi will use an Nvidia procesor

9. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

the main changes are on anti piracy measures, Nintendo made this due to the current DSi being already so figured out that they can't prevent piracy on it and of course new consoles = new console sales. Add a better graphics card, some more RAM, flash support on the browser and i may actually get it.

10. JayBlue

I think Nintendo is overusing their golden eggs duck(I mean,Nintendo's best seller console...)

11. serafemme

serafemme Member

do you think someone will crack the flashcard code with this one too?

I was thinking of upgrading to a DSi from my DSL since I got my Acekard2i but when I saw this I thought I'd hold back on buying it until I saw if this new model is flash-able.

12. peppero01

peppero01 Member

I think this is retarded, putting it bluntly.

I bought a DS because it's portable... So they went to a fat DS, to a DS Lite, to a DSi, to... another fat DS? Seems pointless.

13. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Yeah. But it's a Phat DS with camera and music player, and huge screens with free big stylus.

IDK about the music player anyways, I only use it when I lost my iPod Touch AND Flashcart.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You mean the next system succesor will use it.

I owned every ds from phat to dsi (which I still have...all 3...and my dsi is sixth in australia) and just like the gba micro...

This is one I'm skipping.

15. JayBlue

I read something like this in IGN(not sure now..)