1. This forum is in read-only mode.

nintendo and rare

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by rell, Mar 16, 2010.

1. rell

rell Well-Known Member

ok,every since nintendo refused to buy out rare,they havent really been making games for nintendo. when i say games im talking specificaly about my favorite seris by rare and nintendo, donkeykong country. do you think we'll ever see a fourth remake of this seris??

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

3. rell

rell Well-Known Member

nintendo paid rare to produce that game didnt they??

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Nintendo let Rare borrow the Donkey Kong character, and Rare created Donkey Kong Country and DK64. So yes, Nintendo paid Rare to make the Donkey Kong games. The Donkey Kong franchise is in the hands of Nintendo unless they get Rare to make another DK game on the DS or the DS2.

The closest you'll get to another DK game is Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, which is surprisingly really fun.

? Nintendo sold Rare to Microsoft.

5. rell

rell Well-Known Member

what?? really?? i thought rare was in debt or somethin like that and cwas about to close down... thats crazy. i guess ill try that game though, i highly doubt that rare would produce another dk country game though, its really a shame.. i remember when i was in first grade i used to play like i was sick so i could stay home and play donkey kong country2. thats the best one of the seris if you ask me. is there some type of remake homebrew?? kinda like what the did with chrono trigger2 before they got shut down.

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Nintendo sold Rare because Rare took more and more time to push out games that didn't sell that great. Microsoft bought, most of the Rare team left and created the now defunct Free Radical (who is now owned by Crytech, they're making the PS3/360 port of Crysis 2).

No remake as far as I can see.

7. rell

rell Well-Known Member

tht really makes me mad... i think i do remember microsoft talking about people leaving some group years and years ago. I cant believe nintendo would do that, but then again,this might have happened during the gc era... how sadening. i just made that word up i think. hey natewlie your smart thinks for clearing this up for me

8. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

What about Jungle Climber?

9. rell

rell Well-Known Member

i dont think rare made that, remember, ninteno own the dk tradmark

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It did happen during the GC era, Rare didn't have any games out on the GC besides the craptacular Star Fox Adventures.

Also Nintendo, Microsoft and Rare have a agreement that Rare could still make games on the DS, and the GBA. Because Microsoft doesn't have handheld system.

Although the Jungle Climber game was developed by the Paon Corporation.

11. rell

rell Well-Known Member

you should be like my net teacher or something... i can be your disciple... or you can just reccommend me a few platforming nds games.

12. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

well i liked jet force gemini on rare (N64) but they sold rare away (i wish there was a jet force gemini 2)

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Hell no.

If you want to learn as much as I have, look around on wikipedia or troll around gamefaqs or some other game related rubbish. You'll be bound to find something interesting and read it and learn it like I have.

Besides it's a bunch of garbage trivia that not much people care about.

14. rell

rell Well-Known Member

ouch... id really hate if i was serious about that.

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Rare was and STILL is hardly making any games, sure all of them have extreme quality, but not like before...

I do regret getting a ps3 now because they chose to re-do and port the original perfect dark :(

Oh, and here is an odd one...why do rare make the odd games for the ds and gba (well they stopped gba now) on the odd occasion?

Viva pinyata anyone? (and no asking where to get!!!)

16. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks