1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo 3DS instructions for AceKard 2i??

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by slapmeorelse, Mar 30, 2011.

1. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

I went on to AceKard's official website, and they've updated their carts to work on 3DS.

Their instructions are confusing though.

Which update file should I use?

I don't get this either; does just AK2i work on 3DS or can the AK2 work too?

Oh wait a minute, it's talking about the card that the firmware should be used with!

Aargh, I'm still a little bit confused. Go ahead. Troll me for being an idiot and posting a pointless topic, but I'm still confused. Need someone who's already experimented with the AceKard to confirm for me...

2. kwami

kwami New Member

I'm pretty sure it can only be used with AK2i.

3. slapmeorelse

That's the part where I get confused.

Where the instructions say "for DSi and DSiXL" and "for DSLite and DSphat", what does that mean??

Does it mean the card it's for? Or the system you've PREVIOUSLY used the card on? (The latter makes no sense at all)

4. wendyche

wendyche Member

Acekard 3 is a fake card??

I saw this acekard 3 card also broke Nintendo 3DS, Is it a fake card?

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes. And you probably know it is since you posted in a thread about the Acekard 3 being fake.

The NDS/NDSL thing is for use on the DS Lite or DS Phat. Or the other one is the DSi/XL. Just the difference in the system installations. And the update must be done to an Acekard 2i as the Acekard 2.1 can't be used on the DSi or 3DS.

6. slapmeorelse

Because AceKard team didn't say anything about it themselves. Of course it's fake

7. jagman1x3

jagman1x3 Member

The updates only work with the 2i, not the 2. The DSi and DSL in the file names refer to the system you're using to update the card; if you're using a DS phat/lite, use the DSL file, and use the DSi file if you're using a DSi. I used the DSL file with my DS phat, and it's working fine on my 3DS now.

8. slapmeorelse

So you update it on a certain game system before loading it on to the 3DS?

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes. I think I had said that above as well.
    You update it on a DS Phat/Lite/DSi/DSi XL before you can use it on a 3DS.