1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo 3DS Does Block Flashcarts

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by iluvfupaburgers, Feb 25, 2011.

1. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

as already expected. the nintendo 3DS's AntiPiracy blocks flashcarts. the game icon does show up on the 3ds menu but when you try to launch the game it simply does not run the game.

flashcarts tested So Far:
    -SuperCard DSTwo
    -SuperCard DSOne
    -EZ-Flash Vi
    -R4 DS

Hopefully since flashcarts do appear on the 3ds, than some type of AP bypass can be made so flashcarts can work on the 3DS

Source: http://gbatemp.net/t280469-confirmed-the-nintendo-3ds-blocks-ds-flashcarts

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Pft, I expected this already.

No offence, it'd be dumb for flash carts to be working on a new device.

3. iluvfupaburgers

no offense taken. i expected it too. but i mostly posted this for all those people that asked this question

4. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

i agree with hypnos im buying all my games kid icarus starfox remake zelda one piece remake dead or alive from what i played of it it was cool street fighter 4 is a sure thing as im a huge fan ridge racer definatally flashcards ar good but a 3ds one is asking too much

5. iluvfupaburgers

this is actually the ds flashcarts. and i think 3ds carts wont be out for a while longer. since not even fully compatible dsi flashcarts are out yet

6. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

good point but i think nintendo are cathing up to the hackers to stop them in there tracks well for me personally id say the dsi for my modding and hacking the 3ds for me is stsying the only console i dont get roms with

7. iluvfupaburgers

well, ill probably will be downloading once hacks are out. but of course, ill buy games that are worth getting, like LoZ or MGS

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Nintendo can only delay pirates.

When spyro 3 for the ps1 came out, they knew if they did anything that would surly stop pirate, it would affect the game and load times, so they aimed at a perfect stop block, one that a hacker can see and affect, the other only the ones using the roms will see given the nature of hackers rushing around without checking more than game boot.

Before it got cracked, they sold thousands of copies, most of those from pirate who just couldn't wait...

Patience, shall be rewarded, as for me, I'll be buying the games I love for a very long time...but I'll wait until the 3ds lite comes out, that way i can just buy my games cheap :D

9. DeMatador

DeMatador Active Member

Enjoy your hack-free life, 3DS. You'll miss it.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I hope is doesn't get hacked to be honest. It looks amazing and I don't want it destroyed like the DS and PSP were. Who knows though.

11. DeMatador

DeMatador Active Member

The DS, destroyed? How so? It sold dozens of millions worldwide.

12. Nick Man

Nick Man Well-Known Member

13. DeMatador

DeMatador Active Member

^Yeah, but the PSP can actually be considered a failure (or "destroyed") when compared to the DS. Thanks for pointing it out, though.

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

By destroyed, I mean that the systems could be easily modified or a device used to play games. A challenge would be a little better. The PSP as of now is wide open to anybody now.

15. DeMatador

DeMatador Active Member

Well, whatever you meant, the thing's been hacked already.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=53282.0

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I know that. I saw it a while ago today.

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

62 million is hardly a failure. You want failure, look at the nintendo virtualboy or the philips cdi.

18. rojovital

rojovital New Member

no comparison between ps and nintendo posible i mean cmon, nintendo is for 5 yr olds or less, i dun even remember likin it

19. DeMatador

DeMatador Active Member

Loony, you've pointed out out how incorrect or irrelevant my posts are twice already, if for whatever reason you're waiting for me to screw up and ban me, just do it already, it's getting a bit annoying.

Not to say you're incorrect, but my opinion is different.

...Sure.

20. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

He pointed them out cause you're wrong, not because he wants you gone from this site.