1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo 3DS and R4TTi 3DS New (purple) Need help and some information

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Manutjee, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Manutjee

Manutjee New Member

I've recently bought my Nintendo 3DS, and I have a Nintendo DSi in my possesion. And I've been wondering if my flashcard
    { photo: r4itt.net/?c=gameklist1 } will be working on the 3DS, I'd like to know if it's compatible with my 3DS device 'cause according to the sticker on the card, it is. It does work on the DSi though. People tell me different things, and I've read SO much information that I am just not sure what to believe. People are saying that when you upgrade your 3DS to the newest version released by Nintendo itself, it'll make (or brick, that's what people call it) your device crash, and that it's not able to be fixed anymore. How much of this is true? I'd rather see my flascard crashing than the DS device, obviously.

Also, how would I be able to check if I have the latest firmware? I got the flashcard from a friend of mine, and never updated the kernel-version, so I have no idea which version is on it. If I DON'T have the latest kernel-version on the flashcard, how would I be able to upgrade it the most safest way? I could go to this friend of course, but that would mean I have to pay and I don't feel like paying to be honest, haha!

I have some more information on my DSi (not yet for the 3DS, since I am receiving that device later today)
    Nintendo DSi:
    Version installed on the DSi: Ver 1.4.4E

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask for more information.
    I tried searching for a similar topic, but as I mentioned above, there is SO much information that I really just don't know what to do with it... Sorry!

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

1. Go check your flash cart's site if it has update for v.6.0.0-10 (3DS)
    2. If it doesn't, then make sure not to update your 3DS's firmware until the cart's update is available (until such a time, don't update your 3DS)
    3. If there is an update for the cart, then do so using your DSi (follow instruction provided by your cart's site)
    4. How to know the firmware version? It should be mentioned on the interface or in the options.

Any further inquiries, will require payment....haha!

3. Manutjee

Manutjee New Member

Thanks!
    According to my card's site it has stopped its production... ( r4itt.net/?c=gamekernel )
    And according to my DSi, I am currently running on the 1.4.4E version
    Someone also told me that I should disable the abillity of the device to connect to the internet automatically, but I don't know how to do that...

4. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

That's not possible and not required to do. Your concole didn't connect to the internet itself and you have to update your console manually it's not automatic. Also you have to agree to the update before it'll be installed on your DS.

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Then if it has stopped production, and no more updates. Then do the obvious....buy new cart!
    Doesn't quite matter even if you can disable "auto update", the 3DS you're about to receive might already been upgraded to v.6.0.0 or at least v.5.1.0 prior to delivery, thus very much unlikely will work on your outdated cart. But as been said, the 3DS console firmware updater only offers to upgrade, and you are the one to decide whether to accept or decline the offer.

6. Manutjee

Manutjee New Member

Sorry for my late reply on this, but yes, I am thinking about buying a new card. I do have a plus to say: the 3DS is on the 3rd version and the flashcard still works on it, so I'll just leave it at that for now and I'm not going to be updating the software.

Thanks!