1. This forum is in read-only mode.

nintendo 1.5 soon dont update

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by sadboy, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadboy

sadboy Guest

Nintendo has possibly released a new firmware for the DSi. Little about the new supposed firmware is known, but what appears to be known is that it blocks all current flashcarts from the system.

If you do want to keep using your flashcart with your DSi it is highly recommended that you're extra cautious and do not update your DSi until a fix for said problem is available.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Bad news for us if it's true. I imagine a flood of "why doesn't my card work!" topics :)

Do you have a link to any info about this?

3. sadboy

sadboy Guest

gba temp has topic on it
    Post Merge: [time]1262141166[/time]
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=199706&st=0 click to see about new update for dsi

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

oh boy....can't wait for that!!XD

but just today, i got onto the dsi shop and downloaded a game that i had already bought.....perhaps it hasn't been released in the US?

i heard that a Wii update was available for Europe known as 4.2a and 4.3.

5. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

I agree, I will mark my calendar. :p

6. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Hmm this sucks... I guess my new acekard is gonna be unplayable... I regret giving it away more now......

7. L00ny

L00ny New Member

But i was reading on NWR that flashcards are LEGAL but it is only for homebrew so if Nintendo makes them unplayable we can SUE them ( i think its spelt like that?) just look at the news for Dec 4

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

if you try to sue nintendo for blocking your flash cart for homebrew, then they'll just say that you were using it to play illegally downloaded games.

It will be hard to prove that you didn't download any illegal games and play them on your flash cart. If you say that you never did and show them your computer they will say that you just used a different micro sd card for the illegal games and that you downloaded the games on a different computer and you loaded them on there...or something of the sort....

either way, you won't win against the Giants.

9. TirithRR

You cannot sue Nintendo for blocking flashcarts. They own the system firmware, and they can make it run what ever they want it to run.
    It doesn't matter if the flashcart is legal or not, Nintendo has every right in the world to stop their system from running it.

Edit:
    Fine, you "can" sue. Hell, you can sue for what ever you want if you find a lawyer stupid enough to take the case. But you cannot win. And if the lawyer takes enough of those stupid cases, he'll be disbarred like our buddy Jack Thompson.

10. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

You could, but why sue them when because you're angry that they are stopping you from playing pirated games, you could use the homebrew excuse, but barely anyone really buys a flashcard for homebrew, i know i bought mine for the sole purpose of dowloading ds games.

11. TirithRR

Nintendo does not support Homebrew anyway. They only support those that use their SDK. Homebrew is not built on Nintendos SDK, it's built on a seperate library. So the whole homebrew arguement has no grounds.

Whether you use it for piracy or homebrew, you will not have any case against Nintendo. The bottom line is they have the right to choose what their systems will support.

12. sylar1000

Plus you also don't have to buy a DSi, you could buy a regular DS or DS lite instead, you chose to buy a DSi, they never forced you to choose the DSi instead of the older models.

13. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

well this seams big but i think ace kard 2 i is ok way i see it is like this there was a big update for the ace kard 2i. that update made it look like that it was the real game. so from that they most found some code or some thing that is use in the game and but that in the card.

of coruse this is all is what i am thinking about. there is no good way to tell if ace kard 2 i will still work. but like i said there might be a good chance that it will still play. and like i said only one way to find out

14. ndholyoak

ndholyoak Member

It would be good for nintendo and the gaming indusry if this happened but not for us and Romulation

15. rebornalone

rebornalone Well-Known Member

If future games become only operatable on a DSI, I guess there might be some people who might throw their flashcarts or DSI away. Just hope that there will be remedy for this anti-piracy.

16. sylar1000

There would be thousands upon thousands of pissed off people who would be forced to buy a new version of the DS just to play new DS games, Spending another $150 just to be able to play new ds games would be so stupid, Thankfully Nintendo is only adding random little DSi crap minigames into DS games, except 1 or 2 DSi exclusive games.

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Actually, a french court ruled recently that nintendo illegally protects their software, so it may be possible to sue.

18. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

HAHA, France ftw. :)

I just won't update my DSi then, that simple. :)

19. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Give it two weeks, our friends will make yet another mockery of Nintendo's attemp at anti-piracy.

20. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Uh huh. Why does Nintendo even bother?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.