1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword US freeze with R4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by fixx131283, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fixx131283

fixx131283 New Member

I've added this game on my R4 with kernel 1.17. When i try to play it, at the point where murasama stop to talk (the beginning video) it freeze, 2 black screens... I've tried to format MicroSD (Sandisk 2GB), to put Soft-Reset Off.. nothing... can someone help me?

2. einherjar

einherjar Well-Known Member

try to download it again... I've got the same kernel and micro sd, and for me it works perfectly

3. jacoblam365

jacoblam365 Well-Known Member

yeah try downloading it again. i already finished the game with the same spec as you.

4. fixx131283

fixx131283 New Member

Same for my brother here, R4 w kernel 1.17. It works. Doesn't work only on my DS :'(

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Does it keep happening? And what do you mean you tried to format it, did you do it? And try not to bump your cart as the MicroSD can move out of place.

6. fixx131283

fixx131283 New Member

Sorry, but I can't understand all, i'm Italian and so ignorant ;D Sooooo... Yes, I did. I have formatted my mSD, nothing. My mSD is correctly inserted. All of my dumps works perfectly, only this sh***y NG doesn't seem to work ç_ç I try EVERYTHING, but none ç_ç

7. anandjones

No worries. Try re-downloading it or taking the rom off your brother's R4 or whatever and putting it on your R4.

8. fixx131283

fixx131283 New Member

I've already tried, nothing ç_ç The problem is: my rom and my brother rom is the same, Dwloaded from romulation. On iDeas it works, on my brother R4 1.17 works, on my friend m3simply 1.12 works.... on my R4 1.17 none :'(

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

what brand MicroSD do you have?

10. anandjones

It says above that he has a Sandisk so that should be fast enough to run it.

11. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

okay wait, what size is your SD?

12. angela18

angela18 Member

I have the same problem, it freezes on 2 black screens and I can`t go any further. I`m using G6 Real 1Gb. And i really don't think is a rom problem :(
    I will try some other region (like E or J) and see if this problem still occurs.

13. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Try backing up your card then leaving only the game and the firmware on it, and see if it runs.

14. angela18

angela18 Member

Ok, I tried to run this game alone in card... It didn`t worked. I tested with the (J) version of the game 2163 - Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (J)(Caravan).rar and it works perfectly!!! I think the rom 2189 - Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (U)(Xenophobia).rar is the problem.... Im going to try to look for an alternative dump of this rom.

15. angela18

angela18 Member

I downloaded again and now it is working :)
    It was a rom problem ... thx

16. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Bullshit, thousands of people have it working with that version of the ROM, it's the exact same data. Chances are when you added the new ROM it got less fragmented than the old data.

17. einherjar

einherjar Well-Known Member

raaagh! I've just beat the (spoiler) dark dragon boss (spoiler end), en when I'm in the final movie, the game freezes and doesn't save. This way, I'm stuck at the endboss, which I beat everytime, but I can't unlock the harder difficulty level, for the game doesn't know I've finished it once! aargh.

Anyone with the same problem? I've got a R4 1.17 2gb sandisk micro sd.

18. jan james

jan james Member

im using r4 1.18 and its not working
    what should i do ?
    help me
    plz and thank you

19. anandjones

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0 Read the [rules] regarding your use of shorthand too :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.