1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NGC] Mario Superstar Baseball - "Not Set" Rating, Game Not Working!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jacksacane, May 28, 2013.

1. jacksacane

jacksacane Member

I'm using Dolphin 3.0 to emulate GameCube games. One of my favorite GameCube games is Mario Superstar Baseball and I really want to be able to emulate it, however every file I download and try doesn't work! It loads fine into the Dolphin interface and it shows the banner. But it says that the game is "Not Set" under the rating and it has 0 stars. Whenever I try to load the game, it crashes Dolphin. What does it mean for a ROM to be "Not Set" in Dolphin 3.0? Is there anyway to fix this? If not, can someone direct me to a download link that has a file that does work? Thanks.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it's the emulator at fault, not the iso file, so that's where you need to be looking to make it work.

3. jacksacane

jacksacane Member

Do you know if it has to do with a configuration or setting in Dolphin? I've tried updating to the latest version, 3.5-367, and its still not working. Perhaps if I downgrade to the latest 2.x version?

4. Loonylion

its probably configuration, although different versions can sometimes help, It might also be a game that just can't be emulated at this point.

5. jacksacane

jacksacane Member

Do you know what "Not Set" means in Dolphin? That would help me on my search for the source of the problem.

6. Loonylion

I'm afraid not, I've never used dolphin. I'm sure there's people on the forum that have though.

7. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

Mario Superstar Baseball should work, because it has 4/5 stars at their compatibility list.
    Maybe you should try the latest Dolphin 3.5. Downloadlink is on their official website.

8. jacksacane

jacksacane Member

I've tried 3.5 with no luck. What compatibility list are you referring to? What ever ISO I'm using has a 0/5 star rating and says "Not set."

9. TBreaker

Sorry, I forgot to post the link http://dolphin-emu.org/compat/M/
    I don't know why it says "not set".

10. jacksacane

jacksacane Member

Can you download the game and try it yourself to test if its a problem with the iso file or a problem with the emulator?

11. TBreaker

I could do tomorrow, but I need 1 hour to download such big files.
    So I think it's better to wait for someone who already played the game or at least knows, what the problem is.

12. jacksacane

jacksacane Member

So I tried downloading from this site, and the game still doesn't work. Have you tried it for yourself yet? If not, it would really help if you did and got back to me. I've been looking for a PAL version of the game to see if that would change anything, however I haven't found a working download yet. If anybody reading this knows of one, please post, thanks.

13. TBreaker

The game should work. I tested it and it worked well.
    [​IMG]
    I used Dolphin 3.0-721 with the default settings, I didn't change anything.

I don't know why it didn't work for you, sorry.