1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NewSuperMarioBros - somethings wrooooong!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by HellsingDog, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HellsingDog

HellsingDog Active Member

I got the new supermario for ds from Romulation - woot, but, it doesnt seem to be able to play minigames, when i click minigames it just dissapears, - im running a R4i/R4 pro- should I just re download it and try again - (dun really wanna, kinda got far already,) or is there another copy of the rom that has it working>>>?????? I really wanna play the turtle lauchin thing i played on my friends real game - addictive.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

This is an apparent incompatible with the R4 I'm afraid.

3. syd321

syd321 Member

my newsupermario cant be saved...

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Are you asking for help or putting an statment not realted to the post?

(Here's a tip-look online before buying cards-as I keep telling people STOP BUYING ANYTHING WITH R4 they seem to work differently to idiot proofed cards like the acekard-most questions come from r4 users who need to do something sifferent to acekard brand.)

Research is the key-besides the real r4 team stopped so almsot all mod shops seel these things in mass to get rid of them.

5. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

not to try to bash R4, but seems to me with all these problems people may want to look for another brand of cart. CycloDS or M3 Real for example or anything besides R4.

6. HellsingDog

HellsingDog Active Member

Well, im not really a cart pro, tbh, I only got the R4 cuz my friend had one and his was compatible with KH 358/2 and mine isnt, which is weird, and now my new supermario bro isnt working at full capacity that i want. - guess ill 1. look for a diffrent flash cart, 2. try to redownload it and try

7. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

The original manufacturers of the R4 cards stopped making them ages ago. The ones you guys are buying nowadays (R4i, R4 SDHC, etc.) are what we like to call "cheap knock-offs".

I've heard great things about the CycloDS, though.

8. cadence

cadence New Member

That's a bit strange though - are you sure you have the latest R4 firmware on your card? I've got a normal R4 (bought a couple of years ago) and New Super Mario Bros DS works absolutely fine on it, minigames and all. So it's not the ROM because I recall actually getting it from Romulation myself. Just make sure you're using 1.18 firmware: http://www.r4ds.cn/download/r4_v1.18_kernel.html

J

9. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

The one he's using isn't the original R4. It's one of the knockoffs, and they all have firmware specific to their products.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.