1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Newish PSP rom error code

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by theunderling, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

The last 2 x roms ive downloaded wont load,I get "game could not be started error code 80020148".The games are Lego Indiana Jones and Little Big Planet.

Any ideas

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What firmware do you have installed?

3. theunderling

I tried the Lego one on 5.00m33-6 last week and tried the Little Planet one now on my reinstalled 5.00m33-6.

I see on that Dev*** Sh***w site he lists his Rom as "patched for all cfw".I dont know if something wrong with my firmware,or I need a patch,or my download is getting corrupted.Its a big file to muck about redownloading etc

4. TirithRR

Newest games have 5.5 and 6.0 checks on them, and cannot run on 5.00M33 without patching (twice).
    It's easier to just use 5.50 GEND2 to run actual PSP games now.

(Some games even have 6.2 checks in the now, I'm not sure if that's been cracked yet).

5. theunderling

But if the Rom is listed as patched for all CFW's,I thought that would include the 5.00m33-6.I would rather have the m33 and a working GBA emulator than load Gen-d for those 2 x roms.Maybe if a few more games come out I could then do what you say and change.....

6. TirithRR

My brother's PSP had a similar error when he went to play a new Naruto game that was patched for the 5.50 check. He changed the name of the ISO to shorten it, got rid of all the unnecessary info, just named it like "Naruto.iso" and it worked.

7. theunderling

I read a topic about games not working and shortening cured it,but not in my case.Ill muck around tommorrow with it

cheers

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

What game was this exactly?

All my "patched" downloads worked on m33 (armoured core 3 is an example).

When I did the patch method I only did it once...of course I was using the latest of "yoshiro's" patching programs.

He combined it with the m33 fix :)

9. theunderling

I got it from that site I mentioned earlier as a lot of his stuff is listed as "works on all CFW".

I see the Admin there has got out the "begging bowl".If one of his "boyfriends" hadnt p*ssed me off,I could have bunged in a couple of grand.

10. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Just update to Gen-D and Gen-D2 if you want to play new games, easier that way.

11. theunderling

Yes Groh,but not if I lose the working GBA emulator.Ill see if MDS64 comes up with an emulator and bios file that works with Gen-d.

12. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I have an unofficial gpsp kai 3.2 test 8.7 Gba emulator for PSP.
    Working fine with Gen-D2

13. theunderling

Thats the one I use.But maybe its the bios file that was stopping it

14. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Why don't you just try to download another gba.bios then ?

15. theunderling

I think I tried about 5 of them.But if "someone" here has one that works,then they could "e-mail" it to me ;)

16. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I'll upload mine and PM ya the link then ::)

EDIT : I'm too late, hYpNoS already give ya a link ;D

17. theunderling

Yeah thanks anyway.Ill muck around with it on Sunday....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.