1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Newbie needs help (again)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Raistlin Majere, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So im thinking of buying DS again :p and was wondering if "M3DS Real adapter" is the thing which u can use to play .nds and .gba files? OR is it the "Kingston's MicroSD memorycard"? Or if they neither do that, then what are they? :D thanks.

P.S. IF they are the things i think ( that u can play .nds and .gba games with them ) then will Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers Of The Sky work with it/them? :D thnks

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Kingston's MicroSD memorycard is the thing where all your files are stored.
    For exemple when you want Electroplankton, you just download it and then drag & drop it to your microSD.

Due to my googling I found out that "M3DS Real adapter" is a SLOT - 1 solution and so it CAN'T play GBA games (yet). But looking at the screenshots it is telling me something else.
    I don't know it for sure.... (http://www.m3adapter.com/SLOT-1_Series_M3DS-R.htm)

The only flashcard that can play GBA games without an expansion is ITouch now! When you want to play GBA games too I advise you to buy a Ez - Flash Vi WITH a Ez - Flash 3 in 1. It gives rumble too ^.^

Does that answer your question?

3. Well i'm buying the DS from a... *soz dont know the acual word , im bad at english* re-seller or something? xD and.. it says i get this:

"In packet: very rare and good
    M3DS REAL Perfect Bundle and
    M3DS Real adapter and
    Rumble Pak Slot 2 and
    GBA extension (play GBA games!) and
    USB - memorycard adapter and
    Alot more

Also very good Kingston MicroSD memorycard (2GigaBytes!) and Kingston USB - Memorycard adapter"

So can i play ROM's with these things? :) I beleive that IF i can, then i dont need more help, coz i can handle machines pretty well. Just tell me can i play NDS and/or GBA games (ROM!!) Thanks.

4. Jonez001

Yes, they can play that games!
    And I advise for microSD Sandisk. I find them better. But when looking at some topics Kingstone is also a good brand. And are you sure that you are going to buy a ds? Not a DSi(XL)?

5. Well i beleive DSi(XL) will cost so much i do not have enough money for it :p I'm also so young that i do not work myself yet, so i pay this DS from my own money ( i got about 100 € ) and i don't know if it will be any better? Please, could you tell me some "better" properties about DSi XL than DS lite?

ALSO!!!: I wanted to ask, does anyone know if Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers Of The Sky will work on that Kingston? Because i have heard some people have had some problems with it especially the save type (4MB) etc.. Thanks.

Post Merge: [time]1265050732[/time]
    AND!! Is the MicroSD the thing where i PUT the ROM's or what is it? Or is it the Kingston where i put the games? Sorry if im slow in understanding! I'm totally new to DS things! :D

6. Jonez001

Normally Pokemon WOULD work. It will save auto at a 4MB save. Otherwise you will need to convert it! And i think there is a tool for that out.

The DSi(XL) has this more to offer:

- Camera and effects for taking pics.
    - Downloads of special games ONLY FOR DSi (eg Warioware Snapped)
    - A kind of BUILD IN Mp3
    - Bigger screen
    - Better battery

BUT pay attention that you have then a "i" gerenation flashcard. Otherwise it will be blocked.

7. Oh.. Well do you know if there will be like.. alot of these games "only for DSi" ? (Like as many as there is for normal DS and Lite?) Becasue i think i wont buy a DS lite then :S i gotta just save more money for like a year xDD

P.S. And can DSi / XL play all the Lite and normal DS games?

8. Jonez001

Or you can ask it for your birthday or something like that.
    You can check it via Google.

Some games have also DSi extra's.

Oh, that DSi only games AREN'T in stores because you will need to download then via your Dsi(XL) then. Some are tools...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.