1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Newbie getting into the DS emulation.

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by EliteNewbz, May 20, 2010.

1. EliteNewbz

EliteNewbz New Member

So I want to get a ds + a emu card.

I'm thinking of buying a DS Lite (Since the 3ds is coming out soon and why spend so much).

If I do get a DS Lite am I missing out on any playable games? (I saw an ad for some 3d games on youtube where it uses using the camera to function).

Also what kind of card do you guys recommend? I'm thinking of picking up one off of CL, but it looks like they're R4 clones and the there was a thread that said to avoid the r4 SDHC v1.4.

So any help is appreciated, can someone let me know what to do, what to get?

Thanks!

2. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

well...
    I would wait for the 3ds if I was you, maybe a great game will come out with the console!. (Whatever)

ok, back on topic!. I would recomend you the acekard 2i if you gonna get a dsi

3. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

If you can't find an original R4 (so you can put Wood R4 on it for less than an Acekard :D) then go with an Acekard 2i or a Cyclo DS Evolution. They're the top two cards out right now.

4. EliteNewbz

EliteNewbz New Member

I just bought a DS Lite + Acekard 2. :] Got a 4gb class6 sd card coming as well as the DS Lite (Was only 75 with shipping) + Acekard (19). Total spent was maybe $110 for unlimited emulation. Woo.

5. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

You could wait for a SupercardDSTWo

6. saddamsdevil

saddamsdevil Well-Known Member

Or not wait at all. DS2 is out.

7. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Isn't only on Pre-order now?

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Guys, honestly shut up about the ds 2, the dsi XL just came out...and unless they are gonna break our balls like the gba micro, I doubt they'd make the change...

I'd advise to be cheap, buy the classic ds, and an acekard 2.i, works wonders, and don't worry about the successor to the ds now...heck maybe you'll fiond real ds games for less than $5 when that comes out, thus saves you downloading EVERYTHING for it :)

9. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Just so you know, if you're playing DS games on a DS, it's not emulation, it's just piracy. So don't go getting confused and try to put a DS emulator on your flashcart (that's your Acekard), that would be silly. I'm just saying this so you can avoid confusion later.

When they say DS2 they aren't talking about the 3DS, they mean the new Supercard DSTwo, a flashcart. No one here is talking about the 3DS.

10. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

DSLite + iEDGE.
    That is a good combo for me.

11. agunimon45

agunimon45 Active Member

Get a R4 original and get the wood version. it rocks.

12. Fredbox

It's hard to make sure you get an original. Yeah, this method is cheap and really good value, if you can make sure it's an original. But an Acekard 2i is pretty cheap, and much more reliable.

13. paulthegreen

paulthegreen Well-Known Member

acekard2i

14. saddamsdevil

saddamsdevil Well-Known Member

Its been out for like a week now, mine is on the mail as we speak. lots of people already have theirs.

15. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Aeskardtewai

16. Fredbox

Ehzcaertoueye you say?

(We both just said Acakard2i!!!!)