1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Newbee here*** need help***

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by c_dubb_c, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c_dubb_c

c_dubb_c New Member

I just got DSTTI card in the mail today. I downloaded the the kernel version 1.17 into my SD card. I also downloaded some games from this website as well. However, my DSI would not recognize any of the games I downloaded. All my games are EFW file. Does that matter? Please explain things to me in simple term as I don't know much about downloading games. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

2. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

That will be your Computer Associates anti-virus messing with you. You need to use winzip to extract the .nds file from the .efw : do this by renaming the <romname>.efw to <romname>.zip then right click and extract the file. Put the new .nds file on your flash card and you should be good to go.

3. c_dubb_c

c_dubb_c New Member

Thank you soooooo much!!! I'm going to try it right now. I hope this works.
    Post Merge: [time]1260230865[/time]
    It did not work... I renamed the games to ".zip" and it is still showing ".efw" after ".zip" like this " (romname).zip.efw"
    I do have the CA anti virus software, is there anyway to change the setting to it won't mess up my downloaded games?

4. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

I guess there is a setting somewhere to stop it renaming the files, but I don't use CA's AV so I have no idea where you would find a setting. If the files refuse to be renamed and you cannot find a setting to change then I guess the simple solution would be to disable your AV just for your RomUlation downloads(they are virus free) and re-download. Another option is to switch to better AV software, AVG or Avast are both free and get a better rating than Computer Associates.

5. c_dubb_c

c_dubb_c New Member

I'll try to switch to AVG and download the games over again and see what happens...Will keep you posted. Thanks again!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.