1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Newb Adoption Agency?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shibuku_Dogenzaka, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Shibuku_Dogenzaka

Shibuku_Dogenzaka Well-Known Member

Ok, maybe some of you have seen this at KHI, but i think this could benefit everyone, and help deal with the newcomer problem (the ones who constantly disobey the rules).

**Doesn't necessarily mean that all newcomers disobey the rules, any newcomer can request to be adopted, they can make new friends and learn forum basics.**

Im still a member at KHI, and am actually an 'adoptee'. The idea is that newcomers who are interested, be taken under the wing of another experienced member. That member will teach them the rules and basics, and make sure that they listen to the rules. I can expand on the details, but i won't go any further because im not sure if anyone would really be interested.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

that would be pretty neat, but i wouldn't want someone who would keep bugging me all hours of the day (when i'm on all day like sometimes!!! ;) )

my question too......Kingdom Hearts 1????

3. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

What's KHI? google says it's Kingdom Hotel Investments?

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I'm interested, but not sure about the higher ups..

and... not all the old members have read the rules as well..
    to say they are experienced...well, maybe some of them only...

5. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

you realize hat most users here never read the rules
    and I remember once Tirith admitted he never read the rules himself

6. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

I assume KHI stands for Kingdom Hearts Insider.

I think the forum would be better off without such a system in place. To be put under the supervision of only one member limits the experience that can be shared, and burdens the adopter with unnecessary responsibility. As it is, any newcomer can be taught the forum rules and basics ad-hoc from anyone else, which is much more flexible and convenient.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

That was a joke -_-

8. crazytuna

of course it was ::)

9. Shibuku_Dogenzaka

Shibuku_Dogenzaka Well-Known Member

No, that person won't be stalked every waking moment (lol). Your pretty much there if they need help, and your watching over them. If they need tips or anything, your there to give it. When i say 'Experienced', i mean that they've been on these forums at least over 3 months (as in a period of time you've spent being on these forums). If your an adoptee you guide the newb, and when you think they can cope, your done.

Yes, KHI literally stands for Kingdom Hearts Insider (another forum). But like i said, im not going to go into further detail about it unless there are some people who are interested. And to be honest there is some responsibility involved (like being logged on usually, and maybe every now and then).

10. crazytuna

and that is what forums are for...
    asking questions and tips...

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

As experienced as I am, I prefer not to teach other's my ways...unless I sence they are like me-a no hope-er.

Then I voluntier to assist those in need, it's a good idea, but it needs volunteers...most of the experienced user's just go to spam thread and muck around...

We should send them to into's thread and to spam until we feel they are safe to make their own topics.

12. sylky0604

sylky0604 Well-Known Member

people will find their way, if they need help they ask and if they are bugging people they will be warned, simple.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

As I done...

If you want help, and you never made a post, I can't help ya...

Every few weeks I get...

"can ya help me"

And no post...or it's from a thread I never seen yet.

I admit I like to help, but being dragged about is not how I work-I choose to help.

14. crazytuna

that's the way we roll here on Romu ::)

15. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I agree with the idea, an army of nex underlings is what this forum is missing.

16. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Turn it into Tamagotchi style setup so if they don't behave then they don't get fed and eventually they will die and be forgotten, but only thing that would be missing is you can't flat line them like you can when you pop the batteries out.

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I hand pick my underlings.

I pick those who I relate to, that way all I do is tell them the rules and they are fine...they are my eye's and ear's here ::)