1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New Zelda DS, New FF Wii, storage solution for Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by BlackFlameNG, Mar 25, 2009.

1. BlackFlameNG

BlackFlameNG Active Member

http://wii.ign.com/articles/965/965783p1.html

So, a new Zelda for the DS has been announced for this year. A sequel to FF IV is coming to the Wii.

But arguably the most important bit of news is about this Wii storage solution for the Wii. It says that the games from the VC can be saved to the SD cards and can be played straight from there. This might just open up the window for downloading ROMs to it, similiarly to the DS. It'll probably involve a bit of software cracking but once that's done it'll be easy. It could possibly mean homebrewing, emulating and other hacks would be possible.

Now, I don't know enough about this to say for sure that any of this could happen but I'm sure more experienced homebrewers could provide an insight.

2. Nintendude92

Nintendude92 Well-Known Member

Bout time for the memory update, I only have 4 blocks left. I haven't modded my wii.

3. Mr.Mister

Mr.Mister Member

I am loving GDC right now. I didn't expect any news from Nintendo except a small tidbit of info, but hell they went and announced Square-Enix goodness, a new Zelda DS, and a storage solution.

Damn, now I can't wait for what they have in store for E3.

4. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

I smell emulation for downloaded ROMs without VC. Just wait until hackers break in.

Still got plenty of memories, but the update provide a nice alternative. Better start researching on this.

5. nish_bish

nish_bish Member

lets hope if this is what they'e announcing at gdc, E3 will be great. Im sure they've learnt their lesson from last year.

6. icefire34

icefire34 Well-Known Member

http://wii.ign.com/articles/966/966290p1.html

according to ign you cannot technically play the games straight from the SD. you need the same amount of storage of your game on the wii too. the only thing different is the management feature.

7. Bob_Kill123

Bob_Kill123 Well-Known Member

well for me i feel kinda bad for essentially steeling from nintendo but i figure by buying wii games i make up for that so this wii hack or watever does not intrest me

but if there is a new zelda comming out i demand more info...or else