1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New way to use points!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kamage, Aug 16, 2008.

1. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I've thought up of a brilliant idea on how to use points:

Ideas:

1.Sell your pictures for points >.> Alot of people are wondering how you guys look (Joke)

2.For Widely known games, we should use up points, like the upcoming games:platinum, Fire Emblem, Luminous Arc:Will, We should use up points for those things...

3.For PSP ISO's just to annoy the sony players :) (Joke)

4.New capabilities that use up points: EX:automatic E-mail reviews, contrary of hte review section

5.The GFX part of the forum could sell sigs for points >.>

6. We do their homework (Joke.....I don't wanna do anyone else's homework...)

7.Maybe tournaments (If we ever have) will require some players to pay a certain amount of points, and the winner earns all the points from the stash of points collected from the players from that particular tourney (Think of Gambling)

8.To be featured on RuR, you can pay points, or money :D

9.(Continue this)

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Hmm, for number 1, no one must never know what I look like. 2 is not good. Hopefully those ones with Jokes are jokes. 4, interesting, although it couldn't be automatic, and are you talking about all the reviews ever posted there is emailed to you if you subscribe with points? The rest of the ideas are okay, but too much of a hassle to do all the point transfers and whatnot.

3. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Thats a double negative AJ ;D

Why are people so eager to get rid of their points anyway....?
    If people don't want them then why not give 5 points every
    24 hours instead of 50...

Be grateful you have too many points rather than too little..

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Requesting for sigs is good, especially with 'us' photoshop disabled (I could do one, but when my PC was hit by that nasty virus in March I had to reformat Dave. My copy of Adobe Photoshop was given to me by a friend, but since I didn't have his installation CD anymore, I am now without photo editing capabilities).

Hot new ROM/ISO Dumps should be downloaded with point cost "ON THE DAY" they were released. Remember the FFTA2 release day, the site was congested. Just like in the real world, hot releases should cost something, 'til they loose their shine.

Inspired from another "place", instead of Banning people from RomUlation when they do severe violations, why not fine them with points. Nasty persistent types should then just have their points zero outed in the first offense & a total ban on the second. But only seph & loony should have this power, as in that "other place" the moderators abuse that power, especially if they disliked you or just felt like pissing you off. And no, I no longer go there, 'cause that place sucked, I only went there a year ago, before I found RomUlation. And I never even joined the Forum, because I read some of the stuff there & most of it involved the admins & moderators gloating because they had the members literally by the neck :p

5. anandjones

Most people wouldn't care about their points, if they posted on the Forums etc., that would just mean they would get away from a ban. Of course only Admins can ban.

6. romz_mark

romz_mark Well-Known Member

Number 7 seems like a pretty good idea.

7. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I like Cahos's idea of taking away the points since if they bothered to join the forum, that means that they have used their points at least once.
    they would have to go elsewhere to get their new release, which is, usually a week or two behind RomUlation.

the new release thing is also a good idea but it still wouldn't stop many people from downloading FFTA2 anyway since most who did, had the points to go with it.

PSP ISOs wouldn't piss me off. I would actually like to have a reliable place to get it without all of the corrupt rars, passwords (which I have a cracker for, but takes forever) and illegitimate files.
    I know you guys have been saying you don't have the space to do it, but when you do, this would be a great new feature.

@iamlegend. I am not complaining that I have too much. It's more like I have nothing to spend it on.
    This reminds me of pokemon where you can get a TON of money, but you never use it. I usually never buy anything in pokemon anyway, mostly just sell junk and buy just enough poke balls to get by.

I think people are eager to get rid of points because it ISN'T money. If it was worth money (and refundable), I would be hoarding them all.
    (Obviously a dumb idea to make it worth money. Just stating it so someone doesn't make the suggestion)

I know NDS games can only appear here as fast as someone can get their hands on a legit cart and dump it, which is all dependent on nintendo releasing more (decent) games. I just haven't found any worth getting.

8. anandjones

There used to be PSP ISOs here, but they removed them, as there were other sites that provided demos, such as the official Sony site. The purpose of RomUlation is not to provide free games (ROMS and ISOs), but to help people make a decision on whether or not to buy the game.

9. Reider

Reider Modereider

This has probably been mentioned a few times, but you could add a shop of sorts that you can spend your points through to do various things to your profile like edit your username to different fonts and colors and the like.

I ultimately don't care either way, I'm quite content to sit on my 60,000+ points. :p

10. anandjones

I personally know that SMF has a Shop addon on which you can purchase things set by Admins, however I'm unsure whether you can change the colours and font. Would be okay I guess.

11. romz_mark

romz_mark Well-Known Member

Maybe if we all have out personal avatars then you could buy clothes and stuff.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

this has been suggested before and it is NOT happening. RomUlation is not a crappy social networking site.

13. Red_Storm

Red_Storm Active Member

Can you give Other people points, Because I wish not to wait two months to get Lunar SSSC and EBC. I only have 104 points!
    I know some people have love in there hearts for the poor in points...

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

No, there is too much potential for abuse.

15. monter

monter Guest

Is it just me or do I find I never end up with zero points ? Roms are too cheap seriously !

16. anandjones

Downloads under 75MB will not cost anything, if it's over, it will cost the number of MBs it is, a 500MB download would cost 500 points etc.

17. DevilDinah

DevilDinah Well-Known Member

wait, so everything that is not an ISO format is practically free?

18. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

very few NDS roms are above 75 so yeah.

19. Red_Storm

Red_Storm Active Member

Well, someone can dl somethings, and send them to others.
    I really like lunar.