1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New Verizon Phone Choice (Help me decide!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rhith, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

My two year contract with Verizon Wireless is up on Friday so I get that wonderful $200 off a phone which will still cost me about $100-$200 after that. Since I doubt seeing myself pay full price for a new phone in the next two years I want to make sure I make a good choice for a phone.
    Some of the features I am more into are:
    Touch Screen
    Headphone Plug
    High Capacity MicroSD Slot
    QWERTY Keyboard
    It is most likely that I will NOT be able to get a full data plan, just unlimited texting, so some of the PDA style phones may not be the best choice.
    Here are some of the choices I'm looking at however:

enV2
    [​IMG]

Glyde (Personal favorite so far)
    [​IMG]

Voyager
    [​IMG]

Dare
    [​IMG]

Most of the other phones they have are either data phones or regular flip phones. It will help to have something to keep my schedule and homework in. Possibly tonight I'm going to go to one of the Verizon Stores here to actually hold and see the phones.
    Any input is greatly appreciated, if you have or know someone who has one of those phones or any others from Verizon I would love to hear from you.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

get the one with the best battery life.

Also, my own personal mobile office:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All I need :)

3. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I don't get why people need such fancy phones with touch pads and QWERTY keypads; as long as you can make phone calls, it's good enough.

Okay, I'm being hypocritical. I have an enV.

4. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

Dare or Voyager, both are worth the money

5. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

Been looking at the Dare primarily after reading reviews and messing with all of them at the store. And I'm actually not a fan of actually talking on the phone, enjoy my unlimited texting though. The Dare's 3.5mm headphone jack really gets me too so I don't need adapters and I can use my regular headphones and not need to carry around my iPod all the time.
    Any input though is still very welcome!

6. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Trust me, don't factor in playing music too much, i can play songs on my phone but i do it vary rarely

7. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

I'm not weighing on that too heavily because for any real music listening I usually have my laptop or iPod with me, it's just nice to have that added feature.
    I really like the actual GUI on the dare too though instead of the lame red one most LG/Verizon phones have.