1. This forum is in read-only mode.

new usercheat.dat file on R4, some game cheats aren't their and are on gamelist

Discussion in 'Cheats & Hints' started by cmcal, Dec 1, 2008.

1. cmcal

cmcal Member

I just updated my Usercheat.DAT file, and certain games like mysims kingdom have now appeared, but others such as Sid Meir's civilisation have gone, i don't know why it does this,

Is it to do with my r4 firmware? mines the V1.21

its patched (i think) i did the patching of the menu ages ago.

Any help would be appreciated thankyou

Its a NDSL r4 but i wander if i change back to V1.18 cheats may work better

2. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

3. cmcal

cmcal Member

When i put the new UE CHEAT.DAT file in the system folder, turn it on, and no game cheats appear, and i dont know why it does this its annoying.

older usercheat.dat files have had sid meirs codes, and they dont now, and even in the Game list for the file, trauma centre is in their but no codes appear with the file on my R4.

4. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

right, i think i picked this off somewhere
    apparantly the R4 has some bug/limitation/problem thing that makes it so it would not show all cheats if there are too many. example: mine won't show anything after the letter S, cause i have too many. so what you do is go in the editor and take out the ones that you never play. alternatively there's a place somewhere that you can download a usercheat.DAT files with only US and EU games on it, so no more random Japanese titles cluttering up the firmware's reading capability

5. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

That's what the UE one is

6. cmcal

cmcal Member

Rushh n Kaos, the US and EU thing your talking about is what Cjdogger showed me, but for some reason it still dosent work. I cant even get the r4cee (cheat editor thing) because links are broken.

7. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

8. cmcal

cmcal Member

ok i will try that, i have just updated it to V1.24 actually mine supports 4gb sdhc.

Cjdogger i will put it back to original v1.18 maybe that will work?

9. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Likely, since V1.24 is fake and for fake carts
    Plus it has yasu's cheat fix

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

don't put the original firmware on a fake cart, it could brick your DS. If your card supports SDHC it is NOT an original R4.

11. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

That was meant at V1.19+, and nobody has complained about their DS being bricked on the comment box

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It's an R4 SDHC therefore it has its own firmware.

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes, if you're smart enough, you would use the specific firmware for it. And plus, using 1.19 isn't recommended still.

14. SakuraLei

SakuraLei New Member

My problem is I can't open my files in Dragon Ball:Origins and Chrono Trigger. It says that It has an error code=7. What's that? What will I do to play the game?

15. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Update firmware. At Linfox Domain (link in sig).