1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New to RomUlation... What do i do?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by daddycone, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddycone

daddycone New Member

Hi everyone, ive just signed up but need a bit of help of what to do now. I have two Nintendo DS's and I'm looking to download games.

What memory card do i need to buy? and then once ive got that what do i do next.

Would be really grateful for some help!!

Thanks

Matt

2. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

i hope i don't miss something here

step one: get a flashcard. preferably a CycloDS or Acekard 2i, i believe they're the best out there right now. R4 used to be one of the better ones till the team disbanded maybe half a year ago

step two: the card should come with a MicroSD card. if it for some reason doesn't, buy one. this is where all your games and stuff goes. i forget what brand was the best, i think they were Kingston and something else (someone else please answer this for me)

step three: get the latest firmware for your flashcard, and follow the instructions on how to install it (usually just drag and drop)

step four: start choosing what games you want, download them, extract then copy them onto your card. use either 7-zip, or WinRAR to extract.
    if anything comes up, check here. it solves most problems that people have
    common issues

oh yeah, to update your cheat files, just replace it with the newer versions. here is the gbatemp link to the cheat compilation thread
    http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=84991
    note that the site's lagging pretty bad right now

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Kingston or Sandisk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.