1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New to Flashcarts

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by modthis, Jul 28, 2012.

1. modthis

modthis Member

Been given a DS by a family member and I've played Pokemon on emulators, I haven't owned a handheld system since the first DS was released.

Got a few questions I need help with.

What is the best site to buy a card from?

What kind of card? (DSi and looking to only play the stable roms not the newest games with english patches etc.)

Can I use codes with the card or do I need an action replay?

Can I use a GBA emulator with said card?

(This one isn't so much a Flashcart question)
    How is the whole ban process done on Nintendo's side? I wanna fight, trade, and play with others and I'm only looking to use a cheat like "Always catch" not modifying levels or catching Pokemon I'm not supposed to have.

Sorry if wrong section or if I made a total noob mistake posting this, I read stickies and they didn't help much.

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Best site? Real Hot Stuff seems pretty good again if you're US based. Otherwise, I can't really say. Use Shoptemp and take your pick.
    Best cart? Supercard DSTWO
    Codes? With every cart, there's a cheat file that can be used. These cheat files are loaded to the brim. Cheats are activated via the flash cart menu before launching the ROM.
    GBA emulator? The DSTWO is the only cart with an okay GBA emulator made for it (a couple other carts have one, but it isn't as good). It is very far from perfect, but should do okay for what you may want to do. People generally suggest just having a GBA and a slot two cart (like the EZ Flash IV), or a DSlite and a slot two cart.

Don't worry about potentially being banned on a Pokemon game or something. Nintendo has never banned a DS before, and it's unknown if it's even something they could ever do. When cheating though, it seems you already get the idea that if you're online, you better be doing things fairly. It should be known that with Pokemon creation programs on the computer (they generate the Pokemon of your choice, to your specifications, and that Pokemon is inserted into the save) must be done just right. Newer games detect Pokemon with any slight flaws as illegal, and won't allow them online. Besides Pokemon, no other DS games really have an active online player base, so cheating elsewhere is pretty inconsequential.

3. modthis

modthis Member

Ok thank you very much. :)

As for GBA emulator I think I will stick to my Android device for that.

As for the Flashcart the one you suggested is a bit out of my price range right now and I was looking to get going ASAP. Seen EZ-Flash Vi Simple on the site you suggested for $18 would this be a good choice?

So modified Pokemon are just not allowed online? It won't stop me from playing online if they are in my box as long as the ones I'm trying to trade/fight with are legit?

4. LuckyTrouble77

Check out the Acekard 2i. Inexpensive and does what you need it to (no GBA emulator, but that no longer matters). If the store offers a flashing service, I'd suggest paying the little bit of extra for it to make sure the bootloader is updated to work on your DSi. Otherwise, it may have to be updated on a DSlite or Phat. Anyways, the Acekard 2i is considered the next best cart, and the best to get on a budget.

Modified Pokemon are allowed online, if they are modified in a way that the game still detects as legal (usually the hiccup seems to be the likes of a correct trainer ID). If you do have any not considered legal, just don't keep them in your active party when you go online and you shouldn't have a problem. As far as I'm aware, any cheats won't cause this problem. Using programs such as Pokegen, if done incorrectly before inserting the Pokemon into your save, will.

5. modthis

modthis Member

Thanks guys :) Acekard 2i has been ordered.

6. LuckyTrouble77

He has a DSi; 3DS compatibility is irrelevant. The Acekard2i needs few compatibility updates, so update frequency is also irrelevant

7. modthis

modthis Member

I've already ordered thank you though. Only games I'm interested in are Pokemon and I can wait for patches if needed I'm not in a rush to play the newest games.