1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New to DS Roms, question about patches

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DoubleJ210, Mar 12, 2010.

1. DoubleJ210

DoubleJ210 Member

Hi,

As topic title states, I'm new to this Rom deal, main reason I bought one was to backup all my games onto the drive so I don't have to carry them all around and to test out games before I buy them.

Anyway, I bought a R4i Gold for my DSi and have done all the tutorials and such and have it all working and all my games downloaded. My question is I just downloaded Sonic Classic Collection and Sonic All-Star Racing and both games freeze before loading. I read various topics on the games and it seems R4 always has problems with Sega games and that there will eventually be a patch out. So about patches, is it something I have to download separately or do I just re-download the rom later on once the patch is out? Also I keep seeing people talk about "Cracking" their games, what exactly does that mean?

Thank you for reading.

2. icelol

icelol Active Member

I'm pretty sure you have to download a patching program and the patch separately. But there's also patches that require you to edit a few values in the game.
    Read around you might be able to find some.

3. KingofKings24

KingofKings24 Well-Known Member

so when or if a patch comes out for the new Pokemon games, i have to download the patches and a program? anyone got a link to this program?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The program is usually bundled with the patch. Either Delta or LunarIPS, usually.