1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New Street Fighter movie O.o

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calvin_0, Feb 25, 2009.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

I just was the trailer....... Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li......seriously it reminded me of Street Fighter The Movie.....

the trailer look decent..... anyone plan to watch it?

2. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I'm planning on watching the dragon ball movie... curiosity gets the better of me

3. calvin_0

lol seriously? i hope you survive.

4. ClydeOne

ClydeOne Well-Known Member

I might consider watching the movie.....

5. calvin_0

i just watch it today, and i'm just reminding you, IF you are watching it, you must treat it like a non-Street Fighter movie, or else you will be disappointed, just treat it as another fighting movie (think Mortal Kombat the movie).

6. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

But all the Mortal Combat movies sucked D:

7. ethbandit

ethbandit Member

i rather enjoyed the first mortal kombat movie

8. Tatsuya1221

Tatsuya1221 New Member

No chance here, video game movies always suck.

9. TheDarkPaladin

TheDarkPaladin New Member

The movie was horrible. The fight scenes were lame. Chun Li got less Asian as she grew up.

10. calvin_0

especially the fight with Vega, i expceted more.....

well if there is a sequel, expceted a Westen guy named Ryu instead of a Japanese.

11. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Prey there isn't!

12. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

Yeah.....you know how sequel crazy Hollywood is now days. And while their at it, they can have a Mexican as Ken. Then they can get a transvestite to play Cammy.

13. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

not even going to bother watching this film, i love street fighter and this film just destroys it. the only thing this film will do is make the van dam street fighter movie look good (and that's saying something)

the casting is stupid vega is meant to be extremely beautiful (that's way he has a mask) and they cast the ugliest guy in history

and ryu is not Japanese he was only raised in japan but was born in Brazil (i think?)

14. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Bad movie. Its not just the little things (like the blue chinese dress that she DIDNT ware) but the overall crap of the movie was epic. Even people that didnt know, or knew little of Street Fighter, thought it was crap. Heres why:

1. Shy DIDNT have the blue chinese dress.
    2. They didnt show her and Vegas story.
    3. They forgot that Gen is an OLD AND DIEING fighter.
    4. The young Chun-Li was chinese but when she got older she became white. (I thought this was funny)
    5. CRAP ENDING!!

15. calvin_0

like i said, dont treat it like a Street Fighter movie.

his bloodline was never been mention in SF, the only thing we know about Ryu is he was adopted by a japanese martial arties in the mountain.

16. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

although the movies (animated) and series and games differ on story a little bit they still give us an incite to there back story especially as capcom are involved with them.
    in street fighter alpha ryu meets a boy who claims to be his brother armed with a photo of ryu and his mother as a boy talks to him about their mother and being raised in Brazil and talks about ryu's mother giving him away to a great martial arts master (if i recall correctly as I've not seen it in a while)

although it is suspect to whether he was his brother or not and it is not in game story as it is guided by capcom i am taking it as back story cause its the closest thing to his origins we have.

17. calvin_0

that little boy name Shun right?, who train with Ryu and Ken then got kidnaped later on. IIRC he said he lied to Ryu to earn some money at the end.....

18. nyaonyao

nyaonyao Member

I'm definitely not going to watch this at the cinema. I might invite friends over to have a couple of drinks then rent this but then again, I don't even think this would be good drunk-movie. X3